Track Plan

Gerard
I know that the Stanley & Maude Munro Mines were right outside of the yard.  Does anyone have an idea of how the yard was laid out or pictures of it.

Thanks

Gerard

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

UPDATED: Articles of Idaho Springs

C&S railway Trackage Map of 1923/1929
from The Colorado Rail Annual Number Ten. Narrow Gauge to Central & Silver Plume pg 213

Jerry,

I'm assuming that you mean Idaho Springs and the trackage within City Limits.  There was no "Yard" as in the common perception but a series of Passing Sidings and Spurs at the Mills through the entire length of Town.  The "Yard" was nothing more than a TeamTrack serving the Depot with a Cross-over known as Plummer Switch.
I have covered most of the Mills on here but have yet to write the "final" installment of Stanley Mills, cover the Big5 and a complete Overview of Idaho Springs: these I hope to get back onto in the coming months just as soon as Winter sets in.

Covering Idaho Springs from East to West
Gem:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/This-One-s-A-Gem-I-S-Yard-Limits-Begin-td1521.html
Argo(Newhouse):  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Newhouse-Tunnel-Boilerhouse-Growth-And-Demise-td1534.html
Anderson:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/There-But-Not-Noticed-At-The-Edge-Of-Idaho-Springs-The-Anderson-Mill-td1480.html
Sunshine:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-2-td2167.html
Renshaw:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-3-td2512.html
Kilton:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-1-td2053.html
Wiley:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/North-of-the-Tracks-The-Chamberlain-Sampling-Works-td1581.html
Lumber Yard:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Section-Car-Shed-tp3116p3118.html
Alpine:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Another-Where-Is-This-Picture-tp1216p1223.html
Big Five Tunnel:  not yet written.
Lincoln: http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Stanley-Mills-Part-One-The-Lincoln-and-Alma-Lincoln-Mills-tp3389.html
Salisbury:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Stanley-Mills-Part-Two-Salisbury-Mill-and-Donna-Juanita-Mine-td3483.html
Gehrman Shaft:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Stanley-Mills-Part-Three-Two-Smelters-and-the-Consolidated-Stanley-Mines-tp5619.html
Chamberlain: http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/North-of-the-Tracks-The-Chamberlain-Sampling-Works-tp1581.html

Re: Track Plan

Gerard
Chris thanks for all the info.

I was wondering where the tracks led to and if there was a yard.

I’ve been working on the Maude Munroe Mine and I have the plans for the Stanley & Argo.
Eventually I would like to build all three.
Even though I don’t have a layout I really do like the mines and doing them as diorama's.

As always thanks for your help.

Oh one other question.
Was the Stanley really painted a yellow??
According to Brunk it was.

Regards
Jerry

Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: Track Plan

Jerry,

I'm assuming that you mean Idaho Springs and the trackage within City Limits.  There was no "Yard" as in the common perception but a series of Passing Sidings and Spurs at the Mills through the entire length of Town.  The "Yard" was nothing more than a TeamTrack serving the Depot with a Cross-over known as Plummer Switch that continued on to serve the Dewey/Kilton.
I have covered most of the Mills on here but have yet to write the "final" installment of Stanley Mills, cover the Big5 and a complete Overview of Idaho Springs: these I hope to get back onto in the coming months just as soon as Winter sets in.

Covering Idaho Springs from East to West
Gem:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/This-One-s-A-Gem-I-S-Yard-Limits-Begin-td1521.html
Argo(Newhouse):  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Newhouse-Tunnel-Boilerhouse-Growth-And-Demise-td1534.html
Anderson:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/There-But-Not-Noticed-At-The-Edge-Of-Idaho-Springs-The-Anderson-Mill-td1480.html
Sunshine:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-2-td2167.html
Renshaw:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-3-td2512.html
Kilton:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Mid-Town-Ore-Processing-Part-1-td2053.html
Chamberlain:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/North-of-the-Tracks-The-Chamberlain-Sampling-Works-td1581.html
Lumber Yard:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Idaho-Springs-Section-Car-Shed-tp3116p3118.html
Big Five:  not yet written.
Salisbury:  http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Stanley-Mills-Part-Two-Salisbury-Mill-and-Donna-Juanita-Mine-td3483.html
Gerhman Shaft: not yet written.
C&S railway Trackage Map of 1923/1929

from The Colorado Rail Annual Number Ten. Narrow Gauge to Central & Silver Plume pg 213

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Track-Plan-tp5176p5181.html
To unsubscribe from Track Plan, click here.
NAML

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Re: Track Plan

Yes the Stanley was a painted a Yellow in the later years of C&S operation but whether that was the original color when the Gehrman Shafthouse was lettered with the Consolidated lettering,  this I was covering in the unwritten part 3.

Just for clarity, were you meaning the sidings at Stanley Mills or an actual C&S Railway yard in Idaho Springs?

I had trouble resizing the Map......

C&S railway Trackage Map of 1923/1929
from The Colorado Rail Annual Number Ten. Narrow Gauge to Central & Silver Plume pg 213

The actual C&S Railway yard in Idaho Springs.

Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 6:00 PM

Yes the Stanley was a painted a Yellow in the later years of C&S operation but whether that was the original color when the Gerhman Shafthouse was lettered with the Consolidated lettering,  this I was covering in the unwritten part 3.

Just for clarity, were you meaning the sidings at Stanley Mills or an actual C&S Railway yard in Idaho Springs?

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Track-Plan-tp5176p5184.html
To unsubscribe from Track Plan, click here.
NAML

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Re: Track Plan

Chris Walker
Just checking,

the "Yard" was originally like this pre Dewey Sampler (later known better as the Kilton) and the later development of trackage serving the Newton Mills (known better as the Gem), and the Electric Plant sidings which all came later, like Topsey, Idaho just grew. The actual "Yard" didn't change at all.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/9818/rv/singleitem

The local is seen switching the team track here.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/1428/rv/singleitem

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/7103/rv/singleitem

I hate to say but Idaho Springs is a complex place and the changes over time were many so study the Sanborn Fire Maps included with the Mills of I.S. Threads, the 3 part Idaho Springs Mid-Town Ore Processing covers the Downtown area.

One last thing, the Mine you refered to is correctly named the Donna Juanita: the Maude Monroe was a different mine adjacent.