C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

1 ... 8910111213

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Paul R.
I just looked , it has already sold!! Paul R.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Lots of Sn3 C&S brass just listed today, likely someone's entire collection:

First run OMI C&S number 9 (listed in wrong box as #22). A fast runner, not as nice as the 2nd run: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275386663652?hash=item401e5302e4:g:TmUAAOSw0KJi0IlU

First run OMI C&S number 22 (listed in wrong box as #9). Also a fast runner, not as nice as the 2nd run: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275386655382?hash=item401e52e296:g:7ckAAOSwg0Bi0Ifp

OMI C&S number 60. A very smooth running, well detailed model of the late 1930's appearance, with pilot plow: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275386668097?hash=item401e531441:g:0hkAAOSwtNti0IsR

OMI C&S number 71. Another very smooth running, detailed model, c.1930s.: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403775465388?hash=item5e02e4a7ac:g:x5QAAOSwquti0IQg

OMI C&S number 74. Smooth running, well detailed, also c.1930s: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403775493801?hash=item5e02e516a9:g:JrgAAOSw-M1i0InS

OMI C&S RPO number 13. Rare, the only C&S headend car offered in brass in Sn3: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275386672213?hash=item401e532455:g:6VAAAOSw1uZi0IuG

OMI C&S Coach "70-73". Actually correct only for coach 70 at Idaho Springs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403775504257?hash=item5e02e53f81:g:XMwAAOSw7RVi0Iy4

OMI C&S Coach 74-76. Correct for St Charles/AC&F coaches 71-76: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403775482254?hash=item5e02e4e98e:g:yW8AAOSwDIZi0Ihu

Finally, OMI C&S caboose 1006 (also correct for number 1007, if extra roof walks added): https://www.ebay.com/itm/403775503515?hash=item5e02e53c9b:g:94gAAOSw2eJi0Iw2

Listings are for 10 days, so lots of time to contemplate bidding. All of the models appear to be in pristine condition, like they've been stored and never run. The passenger cars and caboose are in their factory wrapping.

If anyone wants to jump into C&S modeling in Sn3, here is your chance--just cash in your 401K and get started!!

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
There is an On3 Overland C&S number 9 with pilot plow just listed today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295107375387?hash=item44b5c5311b:g:dlcAAOSw8tBi2yjo

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Watching the bidding on the Overland Sn3 C&S collection has been an interesting exercise in establishing current market value for these pieces of brass. Fortunately, I didn't need anything (I probably need yo thin part of my herd of C&S brass).

All five locomotives sold for between $435.00 and $575.00, even the fast running, early numbers 9 and 22.

The RPO 13 sold for $510.00. The two coaches for $410.00 each, all three unpainted. Shows a potential market for non-brass C&S passenger cars in Sn3.

And the most extraordinary: Little unpainted C&S caboose 1006 sold for $345.00--perhaps the most expensive C&S 4-wheel bobber yet!

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
Two pieces of C&S On3 brass listed today:

OMI C&S 73, B4-D 2-8-0: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314087996494

OMI C&S 22, 1920s version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314087998813

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72
Thank you Jim for the post:
The 73 sold for 1'000$
The 22 was not sold for 1'200$ -> relisted
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314096539164?ViewItem=&item=314096539164

Best, Christian

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
Sn3 Overland C&S number 21 c.1920:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144729280877

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Dave Eggleston
Wow. That's exactly what I paid for mine new back in 1992.
Dave Eggleston
Seattle, WA

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72
Good Morning

Feed-back on the sale of the engines below:
No 9 sold separately
No 58 sold for 1197$
No 70 was taken out. There was the possibility to make an offer. Most likely a bid over 1200$

Darrylhuffman is selling another OMI 9 starting at 995$ (painted)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374578965120?hash=item5736a56a80:g:7sEAAOSw32lkHIeC&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsBcbTpKpWEi9BZcHIwdmtES6Mf%2Bn6VcYjd7OzCJg7N79wpKCzeM7LmJIs0np1tLUPWfzBiX1CL9NQd7YUsqa0wQdwDzXpRhm07sP8vg0XtZI%2FKQznyILNq7xgF7jw26ytqaeLDoWGuZ0EA%2FU12Y5YjcciEAd71%2FqtGtuqEQkj1a6Dowcr9f%2FM1%2FEX%2BJ43nQP3g4wW3%2F1xk%2BcQPttgKewnNYzkJSLf%2BTpUNpGmyk8hLJO%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9jZ5fTiYQ

Have a great weekend
Christian

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Norm Acker
I just bought Darrell's #9, I have another Overland 9 unpainted in the box that I bought from a local gentleman a couple of years ago, but somehow I never took the tender out of the box and examined it until yesterday - I should have looked at it more closely before buying. The lead tender truck had a bent side frame and its bolster was bent and repaired poorly (most likely had an encounter with the floor at one time, no other visible damage), so the fireman's side wheels sat about 1/16" off the rail when placed on the track. Now I'll have to figure out whether to get it fixed and resell it or use it for parts...
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Lee Gustafson
Norm,

Please contact me back channel regarding the tender truck repair.

Lee Gustafson

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Fred H.
I just pulled the trigger on a beautiful, NOS all-brass 1/24 Mason Bogie made by Delton back in the 1980s. (This was before they made their Delrin with brass details C-16s.) While 1/24 models are NOT accurate for three-foot railroads (the gauge is 42" rather than 36") this is where I've been for 40+ years and I'm super excited to have found this baby...

For other photos, the auction listing is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234869478341

Fred H.
Fred H. Hutchison
Black Hawk in 1:24

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
There is a plethora of HOn3 C&S brass locomotives currently on eBay. Do a search of "brass HOn3 C&S".

Listed are several Key locomotives:

B4-B number 22.
B4-C number 60, as the Leadville switcher.
B4-D number 69.
B4-E number 71.

There are several B4-Fs: Balboa number 74 and a couple of Westside 75s

There are also a couple each of United (PFM) 2-6-0s and 2-8-0s, as well as a Soho coach and a brass C&S caboose 1006.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Doug Heitkamp
Hi Gang,

I just listed an On3 Overland C&S #72 for sale in the Buy, Sell, Trade section. If there are no takers from this group, I'll be putting it up on that world infamous auction site.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Doug
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO