C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

1 ... 3456789 ... 13

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

nedsn3

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Keith Hayes
There is a plethora of C&S power on eBay this weekend. Multiple OMI models of 74, some Moguls and other stuff. Jack Vansworth of Division Point has a 70 and 74 for sale, plus a couple Moguls and a caboose. These may show up on Brass Trains shortly. Speaking of Brass Trains, there are a couple models there as well.

I selected Sn3 as my scale in the mid-80s, and have spent the intervening years slowly building my model collection. For years I had but one locomotive: I never dreamed I would have a brace of Brooks, or a fleet of waycars. For those of you new to the scale and Colorado & Southern, patience will serve you well. Collections come and go, and sometimes just letting the group know what you are looking for will shake a model from the clouds.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72
Hello
There is a an OMI On3 C&S No 5 on Ebay for Sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-Models-OMI-0117-Brass-C-S-2-6-0-5-Locomotive-w-Snow-Plow-On3/193814970777?hash=item2d2045c199:g:Mt0AAOSwSpNf4AOV

Stay healthy and Merry Christmas

Christian

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
There is also a mislabeled Overland HOn3 C&S number 69 just listed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-Models-BRASS-HO-Gauge-2-8-0-H10-Loco-Tender-VS-AF-B33/333831984579

Current bidding only $13.90.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

SteveG
Good catch! That would definitely not shown up on my regular eBay searches. It's up to $82 this morning, with 5 days to go.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd A Ferguson
It will reach its normal value most likely, maybe more if it’s a rare and desirable piece.  Hard to find bargains on eBay these days...

Todd

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2020, at 10:17 AM, SteveG [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Good catch! That would definitely not shown up on my regular eBay searches. It's up to $82 this morning, with 5 days to go.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-S-Brass-Any-Scale-Listed-on-eBay-tp12787p16171.html
To unsubscribe from C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay, click here.
NAML

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

There is a pristine Balboa On3 DSP&P Cooke 2-6-0, c1884, with Congdon stack on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-On3-Brass-DSP-P-Cooke-Mogul-by-Balboa-excellent-condition-unmodified/133626887818?hash=item1f1cc87e8a:g:eccAAOSwdo5f8QdK

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

If any of you On3 C&S folks need a 1900-1918 Cooke tender, there is one listed on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OVERLAND-MODELS-ON3-C-S-UNPAINTED-BRASS-SCALE-TENDER-EX/284143921338?hash=item42284c28ba:g:hfUAAOSwm3df-1Lg

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

SteveG
Interesting that the tender by itself went for nearly as much ($375) as the Cooke Mogul ($406.95).
I didn't realize until I studied the Mogul description that it was tender-drive, like the United models in HOn3; I would have thought that a larger scale model could have shoehorned the motor into the engine itself. I'm wrestling with how to re-motor some of the United HOn3 models to convert them to DCC, looks like major surgery to the drive train will be the only way to go.

Steve Guty
Lakeway TX

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd A Ferguson
The old Pittman motor was pretty large when that mogul model was built...

Todd

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 11, 2021, at 9:35 AM, SteveG [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Interesting that the tender by itself went for nearly as much ($375) as the Cooke Mogul ($406.95).
I didn't realize until I studied the Mogul description that it was tender-drive, like the United models in HOn3; I would have thought that a larger scale model could have shoehorned the motor into the engine itself. I'm wrestling with how to re-motor some of the United HOn3 models to convert them to DCC, looks like major surgery to the drive train will be the only way to go.

Steve Guty
Lakeway TX

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-S-Brass-Any-Scale-Listed-on-eBay-tp12787p16223.html
To unsubscribe from C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay, click here.
NAML

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Lee Gustafson
Currently on eBay is an Overland On3 C&S caboose #1009. eBay item number is   284252780785  current bid is $129

Lee Gustafson

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Doug Heitkamp
That Caboose went for $730! It has to be a world record for an Overland On3 Caboose. Somebody out there sadly paid way too much.
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Looks like it was pretty much a runaway between two bidders. One of them had bid probably 15 times in the last several days, just inka-dinkin to stay on top of the list. The winner placed one bid with 10 minutes left, at $380, with a high max, and it was game on. Those 17' long body cabooses are extremely rare. They say anything is worth whatever someone will pay, and there is a lot of money floating around at the moment. Might be a good time to thin out the herd. That #1009 doesn't look like it's ever been out of it's box.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
Not eBay, but Brass Trains just listed a PBL Sn3 C&S Brooks number 76:
https://www.brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/131424/Sn3-Brass-Model-P-B-L-Milestone-C-S-Colorado-Southern-B4F-2-8-0-76-F-P-Sound-PBL---PFM-2007-Run-Boo-Rim

A matching number 74 was listed yesterday and sold in about 30 minutes . . .

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd A Ferguson
An overland gp35 demo cut away unit sold for almost $5,200 a few weeks ago.  Utah belt units have sold for hundreds too...

Todd

Sent from my iPhone

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-S-Brass-Any-Scale-Listed-on-eBay-tp12787p16526.html