C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

123456 ... 13

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

I hope somebody can pick up this #9 at a good price. Last December I found one, I had been looking for one for a pretty long time. It was expensive, and didn't come with a proper box, and required quite a bit of work to get it up to fighting strength. But I'm sure glad to have it, and hopefully one of you can grab this before the price goes to the moon. And the model is just as described (as they usually are, in my experience) . Good luck!

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

skip
A Key #71 in HOn3 just showed up with a reasonable starting bid.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOn3-B-4E-71-2-8-0-Consolidation-DC-brass-locomotive/202808330563?hash=item2f38518943:g:wvsAAOSwPk1dtGzy

Skip Egdorf
Los Alamos, NM
Skip Egdorf

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

SteveG
There were some recent HOn3 Lambert moguls that started with similar initial asks and sold for winning bids in the low $300s.

But there's a lot of HOn3 C&S brass that's been sitting static for weeks in the $500+ range.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

SteveG
Not brass, but rare enough to warrant mention for anyone modelling Como and environs in HOn3--there's a full six-stall double kit of the Model Masterpieces Como roundhouse on eBay, plus a kit for the boiler house, along with kits for the Jefferson station and water tank.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

ComoDepot
Here is the link, 11 currently watching.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-Masterpieces-HO-HOn3-C-S-DSP-P-Como-Roundhouse-Kit-With-Three-Extra-Stalls/283746289748?hash=item421098c854:g:eO0AAOSwbb5eIKuq

The photo shows the last variant with the stacks at the back, confusingly one photo shows it without the Boiler extension.

Perhaps the kit allows choice where they are located.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd Hackett
ComoDepot wrote
...confusingly one photo shows it without the Boiler extension...
The original kit came without the boiler house. That was a separate kit. The photo shows just the roundhouse kit built up.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

ComoDepot
Seems an odd combination, why build it as it never existed, the Boiler Bldg was added early when the stacks were all at the front.

Good to know about the stack placement with and without the boiler house.
That kit went fast-it was gone this morning.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd Hackett
ComoDepot wrote
...why build it as it never existed...
There was a lot less information about how it looked overt the years when the kit was produced. Much of it was based on how the roundhouse looked at the time, including the 3-sash windows that were probably installed after abandonment. It didn't have the hole where the door to the boiler hose was, but the intent was to allow the modeler to build it to whatever time or appearance they wanted. Also, this wasn't built by rabid South Park fans who even had all on the info available at the time. They were in business to produce kits, and the return on their investment of time was very low as it was, so they couldn't justify spending too much time researching all of the historical details. Before internet forums like this and on-line photo archives, it was extremely difficult to fo thr research. The target market also wasn't purists, as the original kit only had three stalls, which was thought to better fit into most model railroads.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
There is a Sunset On3 C&S 74 on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/On3-Brass-Locomotive-Sunset-Models-Colorado-and-Southern-C-S-74/333562670781?hash=item4da9e26ebd:g:ON4AAOSwJiRegkgx

Mike can tell you how to disassemble it and rebuild it to make it accurate.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Jim Courtney
OK, some Sn3 C&S items just listed on eBaY:

C&S number 74, unpainted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-1710-Sn3-Brass-C-S-74-2-8-0-Class-B-4F-Steam-Locomotive-Tender-EX/333593315130?hash=item4dabb6073a:g:Z44AAOSwnEFetGjb

And if you need a passenger consist, C&S coach 74-76 (actually correct for coaches 72-76):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Overland-4012-Sn3-BRASS-C-S-Coach-Car-74-76-Unpainted-EX-Box/293572662309?hash=item445a4b5425:g:CqoAAOSweh5etGi~

At a "buy it now" price of $204.00, a very good deal on a rare model.

Up until a few minutes ago, there was an Overland C&S caboose 1009 listed, but I really, really felt I needed it for my 1923 roster, so it is now en route to Poulsbo.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Norm Acker
An On3 Mason on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283896701415
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

Todd Hackett
pizlinard72 wrote
...And a Lambert 2-8-6 in On3 for sale...
The Mason bogie is from LMB, not Lambert. LMB was based in Cleveland and made both 2-6-6T and 2-8-6T bogies in On3 (there's also an LMB 2-6-6T on ebay now). I've also seen them listed as "L. M. Blum." They also made a lot of HO stuff.

Lambert was based in Oakland and made a generic C&S 2-6-0 in HOn3 as well as a lot of other HO models, but I don't think they ever made models in On3. Both primarily made HO standard gauge models.

Re: C&S Brass, Any Scale, Listed on eBay

pizlinard72
Thanks Todd, I was not aware of that history.
123456 ... 13