What is on your workbench: April 2024

Keith Hayes
Me? I have been getting some models tuned up to be reviewed for my Rolling Stock AP certificate.

I have to submit 8 models: 4 scratch built and 4 super detailed. One has to be a passenger car, and the rest have to be different kinds of cars. The criteria are oddly specific and at the same time very vague.

Re: What is on your workbench: April 2024

Tim Schreiner
Those are really nice!

Re: What is on your workbench: April 2024

"Do at least something every day."

It was that kind of day for me. I covered the corners to passable condition on the new "Double House" Privy next to the Depot and did some touchup work on #73 and #75. These engines aren't for display, they work for a living, and there is always some wear and tear to cause maintenance for the shop crew. Nothing serious, just touchup.

I said I'd solve my Dad's old Crossbuck joke from long long ago in my next post. Try this on your kids or spouse.

"Railroad Crossing-Look Out for the Cars. Can you spell that without any R's?"  T-H-A-T
I can hear the groans from here. Life was more simple then, you know.....

I'll see Joe in the next day or so and see if I can get him to print the outhouse artwork in all scales for anyone who needs them.

He has bestowed me with my latest achievement: "Way above average Outhouse Builder". Try to beat that, Keith!

Re: What is on your workbench: April 2024

Tim Schreiner
Not necessarily at the bench, but today’s project was to get more figured out where everything fits in on the layout. Next will be to permanently build the subroadbed, fet the bridges fixed in place. Then roadbed, and hand lay the track.