Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Robert McFarland
There is a photo in Jeff Ramsey's Facebook page that appears to be a reversed an enlarged picture of a Charles Weitfle photo taken in Platte Canyon-I believe the place is called Rolling Stone Curve.Is the photo cropped ?The Weitfle photo I refer to shows the rock formation and looks like it was taken some distance from the ROW.Jeff's photo shows more detail-is it a different photo taken about the same time?

Re: Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Robert McFarland
There's another similar,but not the same location,picture of a Mason powered mixed train in MB I that hasn't appeared in other sources.I don't know what page,because I no longer have a copy of the book.

Re: Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Southpark
The Miner Belt volume #1 photo by Weitfle is on page 161.  Not seeing the other photo in question there is a 2nd "Rolling Stone" along the Platte.  The 2nd stone is across the Platte River and to the south of Pine Grove.  This 2nd rolling stone can't be seen from the railroad or Pine Grove.   The C&S did use this 2nd stone in some PR photos.    Tom Klinger

Re: Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Robert McFarland
The second photo I referred to is in Platte Canyon but as far as I know doesn' have any distinctive formations in it.The similarity is  the train is Mason powered and has a similar consist.It is not one of the Kiersey or Ferrell photos,and I don't think it is in one of your books.

Re: Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Jeff Ramsey
I think this stereoptic digital image came from Princeton University.

Re: Rolling Stone Curve/Balanced Boulders

Robert McFarland
Thanks for posting the photo,Jeff!