Golden Roundhouse Plans?

CBryars2
I have been looking for information on the Golden roundhouse addition that remained after around 1900.  Are there any plans are drawings tht might be used as the basis to scratchbuild?

Thanks Cameron
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
Facebook - Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Robert McFarland
There was an article in RMC that showed a model that had been built of it.It has been discussed on this forum.but I don't remember what issue it was in.Photos but no plans.

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Chris Walker

from http://www.narrowgauge.org/ngc/html/excursion6/excursion6-golden.html

The Sellars Turntable is interesting, we had those on NZR down here too.

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Robert McFarland
Chris,I believe he's referring to the addition with the fancy facade.

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Mike McKenzie
Not sure if these plans are what you're looking for but Underground Railway Press has a Maxwell drawing: CC-100 CC Six-Stall Roundhouse, Golden, Colo.

Here's the URL I used for their contact info: http://www.greatdecals.com/URP.html

Their 2016 plans catalog/list is a couple bucks, looks like a lot of good stuff, lots of narrow gauge.

Mike McKenzie

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Robert McFarland
How can these guys be selling Maxwell plans?

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

CBryars2
Thanks for the help.  It is the fancy facade part that remained after 1900, so that is specifically what I am looking for.

On the CC-100 CC Six-Stall Roundhouse, Golden, Colo. - does it have any description as to whether it is a plan, drawing or just rough out?  Any price?  That sounds like a good lead.

Appreciate everyone - this is a great group!

Cameron
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
Facebook - Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Robert McFarland
There are some photos of Golden on DPL that show this building-also research prior threads on this forum.

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Robert McFarland
Check out DPL photo X-9801 by Alex Martin.Also check out DPL's new easier to navigate photo format-just type in a subject heading and you get a page or several pages of photos large enough to determine if you want a closer look  at them

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Chris Walker
Robert McFarlands picture from the DPL X-9801

http://cdm16079.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/7121/rv/singleitem/rec/1

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Mike McKenzie
Don't know, they seem legit though, probably from a previous arrangement with John or Bruce. Judging by the list, they look like they're all John's drawings and not those he obtained from other sources and had available from his collection. They have plans from many different sources.

Mike

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

Mike McKenzie
"CC-100 CC Six-Stall Roundhouse, Golden, Colo." is the extent of the description of this particular drawing. Under the heading of "Maxwell Plans" they note: "These are not exact drafting-type drawings, but field drawings with a wealth of measurements and other data. They are drawn in quarter-inch. Priced at $4.00 each." So, typical Maxwell drawings, which are pretty good.

Mike

Re: Golden Roundhouse Plans?

CBryars2
Thanks for all the help and great pictures.  Will see about getting drawing.

Cameron
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
Facebook - Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad

Plans - specifically C&S water tanks plans?

Norm Acker
Thanks Mike,
I reached out and sent a check to Underground Railway Press asking them for a copy of the Maxwell plans for C&S 16 x 24 50,000 water tanks, and received my check back with a nice note saying they did not have those plans.

So I guess I'll ask the group:
Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Maxwell's water tank plans? I'm scratch building a base for the Waterton tank, and some dimensions for specific timbers would be very handy. Thanks in advance for any info!

Norm
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: Plans - specifically C&S water tanks plans?

See the Files Section on the main blog page, look for "C&S Common Standards, Water Tanks".  C&S drawings of both size tanks are there.  These are the ones John Maxwell at one time sold.

Jim

Re: Plans - specifically C&S water tanks plans?

Norm Acker
Thank you, Jim. Never looked in there before, that's very helpful!
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch