Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Chris Walker
A truly evocative image of the Depot at Train time.  With high and low Stands for Jeff....

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/10228/rv/singleitem/rec/2

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

John Schapekahm
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Robert McFarland
Jan 2008 p5 Bogies& Loop has an early photo of that end of the Morrison depot that is credited to Art Wallace's collection and is too small to find any detail.Derel has links to Jefferson Co. historical sources.I believe I saw a copy of that photo in some of their material.Using my computer's enlarging tools  to blowup Chris' blowup it looks like that end has a freight door centered in the wall.
Remember they'res two freight doors on the backside and one on the front.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Todd Hackett
Robert McFarland wrote
Jan 2008 p5 Bogies& Loop has an early photo of that end of the Morrison depot that is credited to Art Wallace's collection and is too small to find any detail....
I believe that's the same photo John already posted. I have a film negative of that photo that I got in eBay, but it isn't very clear. Art let me uses his print to make a lenticular print that transitions to the way it looked in 1875 to how it looks today (or at least how it looked six years ago when I took the modern photo). I needed to be a littler farther south to match it exactly, but the ridge the photographer stood on has been carved back a bit for the road. Here are the then and now photos, and some close-ups of the depot area. It looks like at that time there is a single window centered in the end.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Todd Hackett
For reference, here is an overlay of information from the 1918 ICC map with modern features (©2011 DSP&P Historical Society):

The grade is easy to find and walkable from Soda Lakes Rd west to where it picks up Spring Street. From there, there are houses built on it on the south side of Bear Creek, and a parking lot on the north. Bear Creek has been re-routed a bit in that area, and I couldn't find any traces of the bridge abutments.
1234