Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

John Schapekahm
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Further to this, I had a contact with Mal Ferrell in regards to this post on the Morrrison Branch and the Lime Kiln there.....Mal very graciously sent me this wonderful photo that he had published in his book The South Park Line

note: That the photo appears here as uncropped and has revealed the U&N lettering on the Boxcar to the left, a whole new revelation.  Also the narrowness of the roofwalk and placement of the vertical grabiron on the side of the #967 Boxcar is of interest, I don't remember seeing a close-up of that before either.

Thank You Mal!

from the collection of Mallory Hope Ferrell

ps Roper
when I tried to attach the scan from Mal I got this failure notice, any ideas as to why?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Darel Leedy
Thank you Chris and Mal. What a fantastic picture the un-cropped version is! That Kiln could very well be the one south of the speedway which stood until just a few years ago.
Chris - I have no idea why you got that message while uploading a scan. What type of file is it?

Oh, Crop!!!

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

John Schapekahm wrote
 photo shows a kiln located up on Dakota Hogback [but not the same one up there I earlier posted], since neither the topography nor the structure itself match the downtown Morrison kiln ...

John,  I should have added the link to this Kiln to avoid the confusion  http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/item/co0096/  the various other views show identical ground characteristics to that of the Kiln in Mal's Photo....  The Morrison Kiln which had a trestle, not a retaining walled approach for the Tramway feed.

                                                                                                                                 **************
and Darel, Mal sent me a scanned JPEG 4143x2738 650kb, after the first fail on full-size I dropped to "Big" then "Medium" after that I then clipped the scan with the snipping tool to get the image that did upload.  Just curious as I had not seen that curve ball before.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Chris Walker
Once again, sorry for the confusion....

it wasn't intended as I replied to my post featuring the HAER photo which to all intents and purpose appears to be the one used on the Jeffco Cover.  And as that spur is attached to the Morrison Branch and therefore "on" the Branch, (couldn't get there any other way by rail) in very close proximity to Morrison Town then I figured there wasn't any further need to differentiate the two.

I can see how the the steam and smoke do combine to alter the shape and if the scan had attached itself, you could have zoomed in much better than the snip that I posted.

So here is the Kiln without all those other goodies to distract one's gaze.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Another dead thread successfully resuscitated!

I was looking through DPL for photos of the ex-Pullman coaches and found this photo. I didn't recognize it, apologies if it has been posted elsewhere.

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/10327/rec/4

Is that one of the DSP&P Bowers-Dure coaches spotted on the spur at the left foreground?

Re: Pictorial Supplement to Train Time in Morrison

Ken Martin
Yes it its.

Ken Martin
1234