Paint Codes

Steve Black
I have moved a little closer to Colorado this spring (NW Arkansas) and the house we bought came with a shed that is almost freight car red. It needs repainting and I suggested to my wife that we paint CB&Q (C&S) colors.  I showed her pictures and and she like the colors.

I know it is Indian Red and Bronze Green (the roof is green metal) I have been to Home Depot and was trying to find something close and I was wondering if anyone had modern paint codes for those colors or names of colors that are close.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Paint Codes

Keith Hayes
Search the Discussion Forum for "C&S Structure Colors" and you will find some chips.

Re: Paint Codes

Search for C&S Structure Colors

Re: Paint Codes

Tim Schreiner
Where in NW Arkansas? That’s my work territory.

Re: Paint Codes

Steve Black
Thanks Keith for the tip.

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Paint Codes

Norm Acker
If you don't want to dig through past posts, David in Como suggested these in regards to what they found on the depot's paint layers prior to restoration, they are good suggestions in my humble opinion.

Benjamin Moore RXT RM Cottage Red
Benjamin Moore EXT RM Black Forest Green
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: Paint Codes

Steve Black
I went to the Benjamin Moore dealer today and got paint swatches and the color names have new codes now.

Cottage Red is HC-184 and Black Forest Green is HC-187.

To me the green seems really dark, but we are cloudy today and I have not seen it in the sunlight.  Even under my hobby lamp it seemed dark.

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Paint Codes

Keith Hayes
The green is really dark .

Re: Paint Codes

Steve Black
I will agree with you there Keith. It looks like Pennsy Brunswick Green to me.

I am going to get the sample paint from the dealer and see how it looks.  They were quite friendly at the store.

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Paint Codes

You can have them add a little white. Or look at that chip next to other colors and pick something a little lighter. Trust your eye. You'll be fine.

Re: Paint Codes

Steve Black
Thanks Mike.
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Paint Codes

Steve, as you surely know, Rule #1 in our world is, "It's my railroad." Rule #2 is, "See Rule #1."