New Home Layout Finally Started

Joe Ferguson
We are finally settled into our new home.  This is the first time I will have a dedicated layout room in the house.  Previously, I have used half of our garage, which gets rather warm and dusty in the Oklahoma summers.  The room is 16x24 feet.  I have removed all of the construction grime that was coating the floor and have it sealed.  I have started benchwork construction, but of course the Ikea Ivar shelves that I am using under the benchwork are hard to find during the pandemic, so I am progressing along as I can find them available.  Some areas of the track plan are a little out of correct order, but I tried to fit in everything I really wanted, despite the incorrect order of some areas.  The layout will be set in the late 1920's, but will see a lot of DSP&P rolling stock ran as well.  I had the room designed for my model railroad, so I am hoping my planning works out reasonably well!  Here are a couple of photos to start off with.

Joe

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

ComoDepot

Here is a photo of Como yesterday, hope it helps.

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

Paul R.
Hello Joe,
 look forward to watching your progress, looks like a good plan plenty of operation as well as train watching.
Como ,Thats a nice photo, is this the start of winter, over here things are starting to warm up. Paul R.

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

ComoDepot
I hope it is not the start or winter.

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

Hey Joe,

Looks like we're both about to start a new adventure this fall.

Looking forward to watching your progress!

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

Joe Ferguson
I am looking forward to watching yours as well!

Joe

Re: New Home Layout Finally Started

Kurt Maechner
Love that snowy Como photo!