A New Project - Bringing it all together

A New Project - Bringing it all together

Robert Stears
After many months of careful evaluation and planning I am happy to announce that Doug Junda and I are finishing up the acquisition and merger of Grandt Line Products, The San Juan Car Co., San Juan Decals, American Limited Models and The Leadville Shops.

At the request of the Grandt family the "Grandt Line" name has been retired. The extensive Grandt Line catalog of detail parts and kits is being merged with the detail parts and kits offered by The San Juan Car Co.

This new combined catalog of well over 1000 detail parts, as well as the combined HOn3 and On3/On30 kits of both companies, will be available directly from The San Juan Car Co. web site as well as from our current distributers.

The extensive line of high quality screen printed water slide deals produced in house by San Juan Decals will be augmented by the dozens of decal sets offered by The Leadville Shops. This growing catalog of decals will also available directly from the San Juan Car Co. web site. In addition, San Juan Decals will continue to offer custom design and screen printing of the highest quality water slide decals.

American Limited Models will continue to offer high quality imported HO scale RTR models as well as other new RTR models of interest to members of the C&Sn3 community.

Please watch the "Swap Meet" section of this blog, as well as The San Juan Car Co. web site, for announcements of new model railway projects.

Best Regards,

Bob and Doug

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Jeff Young
Great news, Bob!

Will you guys be continuing the HO-scale structure kits that were just starting up when Dan passed?

I got a couple of the Cumbres coal sheds which look like really neat kits, but I think there were more in the design stages.  I was encouraging him to do a double-privy, which I think is currently an under-served area of the market.

Cheers,
Jeff.

RE: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Robert Stears

Finishing /reviving the structure kits is a key part of the project but a bit down the road.

Will you guys be continuing the HO-scale structure kits that were just starting up when Dan passed?

I got a couple of the Cumbres coal sheds which look like really neat kits, but I think there were more in the design stages.  I was encouraging him to do a double-privy, which I think is currently an under-served area of the market.

Cheers,
Jeff.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/A-New-Project-Bringing-it-all-together-tp11757p11758.html

To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A New Project - Bringing it all together, click here.
NAML

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Thanks for the news, Bob. Glad this can be official news now.

Any idea when things might be up and running?

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Al Pomeroy
Bob,

will you continue support for the large scale Grandt line windows and San Juan decals? I had tried to get some of the large scale decals that were not yet in the catalog printed, was even willing to pay for the screens, but found little interest from the original owner.

Al P.

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Robert Stears
Al,
Yes on the large scale windows and decals.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2018, at 3:39 PM, Al Pomeroy [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bob,

will you continue support for the large scale grant line windows and San Juan decals? I had tried to get some of the large scale decals that were not yet in the catalog printed, was even willing to pay for the screens, but found little interest from the original owner.

Al P.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/A-New-Project-Bringing-it-all-together-tp11757p11761.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A New Project - Bringing it all together, click here.
NAML

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

John Greenly
This is the most wonderful news!!

Adding to others' hopes for products, I sure hope the Grandt HO scale C&S steel underframe rolling stock kits and that jewel of a caboose kit will be continued/reissued.  They are a perfect embodiment of the Grandt excellence. I can't imagine anyone matching them, somewhat challenging and so tremendously rewarding to build.

Congratulations and thanks!

John

John Greenly
Lansing, NY
John Greenly
Lansing, NY

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Robert Stears
Our plan is to include all of the former Grandt Line HOn3 and On3 kits into the San Juan Car Co. catalog.

Sent from my iPhone

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/A-New-Project-Bringing-it-all-together-tp11757p11777.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A New Project - Bringing it all together, click here.
NAML

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

  I do not model. Haven't since I was a kid.  Back then, EVERYTHING
was scratch-built, if it wasn't a cheesy plastic kit.  I have a deep appreciation
for what Grandtline and others have done for the hobby, even if I have
moved on to full scale "modeling".  Thanks for not letting these valuable
resources go down the drain.

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Will Cheshire
Will the operations of the Grandt Line products and those of the San Juan Car Company be moved to the Denver area?

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

nedsn3
Bob- That's great news. Congratulations on the big news. I hope the small amount of S scale parts will also continue to be manufactured.
Ned

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

El Gringo Grande
Bob/Doug

I've sent an offline email regarding the parts for a new book we are working on. Please get a hold of me as soon as possible. Press date is end of this month.

Chris Lane
White River Productions
chrislane@whiteriverproductions.com

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Jeff Young
Bob/Doug,

Any idea when you'll be shipping detail parts?  I'm short some 5095 hinge assortments to finish up my coal houses....

Cheers,
Jeff.

(I searched all the distributors I could find on the net, but had no luck.  If anyone else knows anyone who has them I'm all ears.)

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Jim Courtney
Jeff,

Walthers seems to have the parts you seek in stock: https://www.walthers.com/hinge-assortment-plastic-pkg-2

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Robert Stears
Yes. Everything will be combined in our Arvada shop.

We have been producing former Grandt Line detail parts and have many in stock. Please drop a note on the San Juan Model Co. web site.

Thanks,
RS

Sent from my iPhone

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/A-New-Project-Bringing-it-all-together-tp11757p11781.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A New Project - Bringing it all together, click here.
NAML

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

Hi Jim,

Walthers seems to have the parts you seek in stock...

I thought so too, but if you add it to the cart they then say it’s back-ordered.  (It appears Walthers is run by used car salesmen.)

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

> We have been producing former Grandt Line detail parts and have many in stock. Please drop a note on the San Juan Model Co. web site.

Cool; thanks Bob.

Re: A New Project - Bringing it all together

SteveG
I was pleased to see the Grandt Line HOn3 SUF kits are now available on the web site, although it wasn't obvious at first glance--it took a bit of digging to navigate through to them. That may explain why there are many eBay listings for Grandt Line kits at nearly double the list price.
An interesting arbitrage opportunity , although, to be fair, there seems to be an occasional similar issue with LaBelle kits as well.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX