My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Up to part 5 on my Park Gulch Project.
Always takes longer then you think it is going to. Even when you are already thinking that.

A "Turnout" with no moving parts. And Park Gulch Part 5
https://youtu.be/a50d_Cn9AqQ
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New Video up.
Got some work done on Kenosha Pass! I am excited about that.
Its been a while.

Also work on the vehicle bridge I am putting in at Park Gulch.
Thank you all for checking out my videos. I really appreciate it.

Kenosha Pass Progress. & PGP Part 6
Safety Issue found!

http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New video.
The start of Alpine station. Well, what I have room for anyways.
Its going to be a small representation of what was there.

Also got the road base for the Palisades in place.

A shelf layout? Alpine Station Colorado.  And PGP Part 7
https://youtu.be/kxLlJPpWJHY
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Going to try a live show again on YouTube.
Had some technical issues the first time we tried this.

Live Show at:
Model Railroading Live
Who is Big Bill Talking To

https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelBuildersLIVE

July 24th 2019
6:00 Pm PST
9:00 Pm EST
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Live show went well.

And I have new video. Working on the King City coal mine area.
Added some fascia board.

You have not seen Fascia cut this way! Park Gulch / King City coal mine.
https://youtu.be/_5h35mt8gFw

http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New video.
Some work extending Rowe st.

New Business in Como! Extending Rowe St.
https://youtu.be/ZEdVtiVIXiI
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New Video is up.
Got some hard shell down around King City Coal mine / Park Gulch.

One Long Day. Part 1 of 2. Park Gulch, Hard Shell And A Longer Road.
https://youtu.be/QuvhYFbRO7E
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New video.
More work on Park Gulch.

Tried an idea that Jeff Young had done in making roots hanging over a cut.
I used material I had laying around. And not felt. Later in time I did get some felt. And it worked better.

What To Do With Cat Fur!  Make Roots. Ok, Not Real Cat Fur. Park Gulch Part 9
https://youtu.be/p7DtsFD7t1g
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
New Video.

Used some Felt for a cut at the King city Coal mine area.
Thanks again Jeff for the idea.

Outhouse,Torpedo, Felt And A Two Dollar Bill. Learn a cool way to install a model building.
https://youtu.be/8ng2M-y8ctU
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Jeff Young
Looking good, Don!

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Thank you Jeff!
I still need to come back around to that area I used the felt. Need to get some life in place. Not sure when I will get back to it.

New video up.
I added dirt to the King City Coal Mine and surrounding area.
The ceiling tile is looking good. Even with just a preliminary coat of paint.

Huge Transformation! Tips on Modeling Dirt.
https://youtu.be/GNBmqX4ow-0
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Been a little while since I have posted in this thread.
That is because I only post a link to one of my videos here, if I feel it is related to the Colorado Southern part of my layout.

So with that in mind.
My latest video is my first ever Layout Tour.
And in this first part, I cover all of the narrow gauge layout.
So you can get a good overview of all of it.

Layout Tour! First Ever. HOn3 Narrow Gauge Colorado & Southern Model Train Layout. Part 1
https://youtu.be/gEq5NRF75UU
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Posting this video to this forum because I actually got some trackage going to St. Elmo, Romley, and points beyond.

Why I hand lay Track? St Elmo and Beyond gets Rail Access! Train Layout Update 53.
https://youtu.be/a-82anKs4-A

Not seen in this video,but I have successfully run a locomotive on it.
Thanks.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
And here is video with a locomotive actuality running to St. Elmo, Romley, Alpine Tunnel and Alpine Station on my layout.

How Do Copper Ties Work? Without Shorting Out! Sliced Cheese is the Answer. Plus Kitchen Life Hacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2arCikuGciM

After this video I have gotten it to run through Kenosha Pass. Witch heads back down to Como. Making a nice big loop. Or you could run it point to point.
Need to adjust a couple of turnouts. But it does work.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
And now I have video of the train making its way over Kenosha Pass.
Still just track and bench work. But it looks great in my mind.

Made It Over Kenosha Pass ! Train Layout Update 55
https://youtu.be/ZNC5FhO9lJE
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Don Gustavson II
Hey, Its been a while.
Been busy and all working from home now.
I need to get back on here and catch up.

I just uploaded a video that shows my progress on Kenosha Pass.
So I thought I would post it here.
I actuality have all the feeders and reversing circuit in place now. And a switch machine. That happened after this video.
Have not tested all the track yet. But I am excited that all the track is in place and eclectically it is ready to go.

Why use Guard Rails in front of a turnout? And hard to reach stuff. (Model Train Layout Update 68
https://youtu.be/k03gShKUEXo

Thanks.
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: My Layout on YouTube. (The Nearly Historical Railroad)

Lee Gustafson
Don,

Good use of a guardrail in what could have been a problem switch in a hard to reach area. I have a lot of respect for hand laid in HOn3. I enjoy your videos and progress on your layout. Thanks for sharing.

Lee Gustafson
12