Leadville Freight Depot

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Robert Stears
Well done. Fantastic work.
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2017, at 8:56 AM, John Schapekahm [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bravissimo the freight depot - and the passenger depot before it !!!

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Leadville-Freight-Depot-tp5228p8331.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

I thought they were talking about the old depot-the one in the photo with the Brooks mogul in it.

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

John Greenly
The freight depot is really an inspiration!   Everything about it comes together to make a really convincing and satisfying result.  Thanks, Keith,  for documenting the process.

John Greenly

John Greenly
Lansing, NY

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Don Gustavson II
Great Job!
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Todd A Ferguson
I agree that what Mike suggests is very feasible if perhaps somewhat time consuming to execute the application.  I'll throw an idea out for consideration using 3D printing which seems so useful these days.  Model the wall in 3D including the battens. Include the outline of the lettering as an outline molded into the 3D board and batten by projecting the lettering onto the wall. Then the letters on the printed wall can be filled with ink or paint that will be confined to the outlines.  The other option would be to just project the entire letter shape into the board and batten surface and have very slight letter depressions that could be filled with paint.  Just throwing it out there for another idea.

Best,
Todd Ferguson

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Todd A Ferguson
The lettering could be laser cut into RC airplane Trim Film. It is a very thin sheet of self stick material in that is used to cover RC wood airplanes. MonoCote is the brand I have used in the past to make graphics for my sons Motocross helmet. I have actually used different colors one on top of the other to do one color of letting on a different color of background. The laser can usually be set to only cut through one color and not the background. After cutting you then just peel away the parts covering the background that you don't want and you have it.

Best,
Todd Ferguson

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Todd Hackett
I just picked up a couple of medium-format negatives from September 1, 1960. They're a bit past the narrow gauge era, but one shows the freight depot.

Close-up of the sign:

Re: Leadville Freight Depot

Chris Walker
On Ebay currently...