The C&Sng Loop and Westside Shay 14

Kurt Maechner
I recently found an old history video related to Georgetown, Silver Plume and the C&S narrow gauge's Loop.

The video below is at least 12 years old, but it tells some good history of the creation of the Georgetown Loop as well as its rebuilt version. They also tell a bit of a story that I find fascinating: the process required to move the impending I-70 up on the mountainside so that the Loop could be saved.

I also have another video on my blog along with this video. It is a ride I took in the 1990s behind Westside Lumber Company Shay No. 14, now at the Colorado RR Museum. You'll also get a glimpse at C&S engine No. 9 in her deteriorating days at Morningstar siding.

Focus in the video below on the railroad begins around 3:43

Enjoy,
Kurt