Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Pyzel17

Pyzl5815

Pyzl14

Pzyl18

Work remaining; cab and frame.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Keith Hayes
Nice, Derrell. What model did this start out as?

How fell off before you started working?

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Lee Gustafson
Derrell,

Very nice work. You are an excellent craftsman. Thanks for sharing great work.

Lee Gustaf

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Inspiring work, Derrell.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Darel Leedy
The 58 is coming along quite nicely brother d.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Charles McMillan
Looks like a very nice re-working of a Key Models # 58. I had done almost the same thing as Dan. I made new domes and replaced the headlight . I had tried making a working " Beartrap" once, got one done and decided it was a lot of work for the detail it provided.
Looking forward to seeing the finished engine.

Charles M .

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Thanks everyone. I've been busier than a cat covering it up and have had to limit my time on some activities. I didn't give much detail here because these are just progress photos and I plan to say a little more when I finally finish the engine. I will tell you that this is an OMI Sn3 No. 60. Lots of differences and many custom parts not "available" anywhere. And it is an expensive project. Sorry Dan. I'd love to do this for people for nothing - me being first in line (I have No. 59 in the works for myself that hasn't changed in at least 5 years because bullets and tacos cost money!)

Keep up the good work, everyone. When I do get over here there is always something good to feast upon.

Derrell

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Pyzl58-19

Pyzl58-20

Pyzl58-21

Pyzel58-22

Pyzl58-23

Pyzl58-24

At this point brass work is pretty much complete. Getting ready to paint. Compare assemblies with previous.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Lee Gustafson
Derrell,

Beautiful work. The cab is a model by it self. This is a one of a kind model.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Thanks Lee. It will look a lot better painted.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Jim Courtney
Derrell,

What's your source of brass NBW?

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Where ever I can get them...

These were left over from a Railmaster kit. PSC still offers brass NBWs.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Three more photos - finally ready for paint

Pyzl58-25

Pyzl58-26

Pyzl58-27

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
 Finished paint-1

Finished Paint - 2

Finished Paint-3

Finished Paint-4

Finished Paint-5
Unfathomably shiny. No weathering yet. DCC, lights and coal a comin'.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Bill Uffelman
Lovely sir!

Bill Uffelman Ocean View DE

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Derrell Poole [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date:Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Subject:Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

 Finished paint-1

Finished Paint - 2

Finished Paint-3

Finished Paint-4

Finished Paint-5
Unfathomably shiny. No weathering yet. DCC, lights and coal a comin'.

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Dan-Pyzl-s-C-S-No-58-so-far-tp2303p2700.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Wow. I want one!

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Tim Schreiner
I love #58, and I'm so glad to have one in  On3.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Jeff Ramsey
Nice!

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.