Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Great work, Derrel. Definitely a lot of work, but worth every minute you've spent on it. The trouble with doing this for somebody else is that almost no one else can appreciate the effort and work that goes into something like this. And the other thing is that you can't possibly expect to make money to cover the time it took to do it.

Congratulations to both you and Dan!

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Lee Gustafson
Derrell,

I echo Mike's comments and add that knowing the work you do the fact that you corrected all of the Korean solder joints and mechanical issues as well as correctly detail the model speaks volumes about the time and effort that you put into this project. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
The hardest part of doing this kind of work for someone else is the accuracy. It is very time consuming (for me at least) to study and figure out what needs to be done, what I can do, and what just isn't practical. Often when you think you got it - you don't; and a few months later when you get back to the project, well - what WAS I thinking...?!

Dan can tell you about what this costs in terms of money... if he wants to.

Again thanks for everyone's comments. I'M looking forward to a lighted, huffin', puffin, weathered model. Shiny engines are ikky!

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell,

I'm in the process of reworking an Overland #60 as it might have appeared in 1909.

Could you describe the re-motoring that you did for the #58?  I suspect that is a NWSL gearbox, but can't identify the motor.  Does the NWSL gear box require the special NWSL axles to convert the axle diameter to 3.0 mm, like the 2-6-0s?

Beautiful model!

Jim

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Pyzl58_35

Looks good....

Pyzl58_37

... sounds good...

Pyzl58_46

... runs good...

... Done!

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Doug Heitkamp
Nice work Mr. Poole! It's been great to watch your progress and I'm sure Dan will be very happy.

Doug
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

A beautiful locomotive, Derrell!  I greatly admire your brass working skills.

Jim

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Robert Stears
Looks great! Now you need a c.1908 version for you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Derrell Poole [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Pyzl58_35

Looks good....

Pyzl58_37

... sounds good...

Pyzl58_46

... runs good...

... Done!

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Dan-Pyzl-s-C-S-No-58-so-far-tp2303p3175.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Mike McKenzie
Great looking locomotive, great work Derrell!

Mike McKenzie

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Keith Hayes
YEAH!

7th Street comes through again.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Jeff Young
Hi Darrell,

Any chance of you delving down into the “minute” scales?  I could sure use one of those in HOn3….

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
Well he paid enough for it. I truly hope it is worth it - I tried.

Thanks.

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Derrell Poole
To everyone - thanks for your comments. Truly. The reward for this was - money! ("I want money - that's what I want" - Beatles) But. The appreciation is truly appreciated. Thanks!

To Jeff. Nope. I especially avoid HOn3 but I am no longer taking any custom building projects - they do not mesh well with the other services I offer - too distracting!

Robert - Yep. I have 5 Sn3 No. 60s. One is already underway as 59 and I have one designated 58. I just don't have the time! The only B-4-C I don't have (so far) is 62 which was switching the Mineral Belt at the time.

If there is one feature of the R.I. engines that intrigues me the most it's the smoke box fronts....

Re: Dan Pyzl's C&S No. 58... so far.

Keith Hayes
You DOG.