What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Keith Hayes
Because I was posting to an older post to show progress, we got distracted. I made some progress on the Penrose today.

The thought also occurred to me to use bamboo skewers as leveling piles for the locker room and compressor house.

Bamboo skewers: a thousand and one uses!

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Keith Hayes
Making corrugated steel pipe.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Keith Hayes
Progress at the Penrose.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

tonyk375
working on backdrops.  Early fall aspens for the Gato area and summer aspens near Santa Fe. Followed the Darryl Huffman video posted on the HOn3 group https://groups.io/g/HOn3/topics

Re: What's on Your Bench: 9/2019

Chris Walker
New drawgear mounting block for the Timbercar#1, needs some work.

A very close call here, a shifted load caused the car to rear upwards when being hauled up the incline.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 9/2019

Joe Ferguson
This post was updated on .
HO scale Alpine Tunnel boarding house under construction. About to get this one finished up.

Joe

Not sure why my image refuses to load from my iPhone.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Rick Steele

Trying to get this one running just for giggles and grins.

Some might remember this from long ago in the SGN.

Rick

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Don Gustavson II
Fergujb,

Be sure to post some pictures of your Alpine Tunnel boarding house.
Some day I need to build one also. Or at least the front of it.
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Fritz 52
I will post a few pictures of my unfortunate now poor basketcase #22. Thats what up on my workbench. Lol
Fred Cotterell.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Jeff Young
For your inner masochist:  HO-scale picket fencing.

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

South Park
  Double your self-punishment by doing it right, ....

Proper Victorian pickets (fents) were not done with simple angle-cut
tops:

  C'mon, Jeff, ...  we expect better detail out of you !

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Jeff, you are a bit late here fella: feel free to start a new workbench post to keep us appraised of your excellent work. No matter what Espee says!

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

Jeff Young
He he, yeah, I'm slow and late.

As for SouthPark, I'm not building any ole picket fence; I'm building a particular picket fence.  Fortunately for me, it has simple 45ยบ ends.

Re: Picket Fences

Down here in NZ, Pickets were in produced in three versions, the most ornate being bought by the wealthy for their (usually) in Town Villas.  My Parent's farmhouse was a Villa built in 1896, had the second level whilst the retirement Cottage of some Aunts, in a town had the basic picket top ^ .  Then there was the square or flat-topped available, very common.

I guess you'd have to know the status of the Owners to differentiate just what Jeff is modelling.

Some of my favourites....

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/2244  X-1223

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/79169  X-1146

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/79109  X-1112

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/79124  X-1136

There are numerous examples to be found at the DPL. Georgetown having a wide sampling of Victorian styles.
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/search/searchterm/photograph!Georgetown%20House/field/formatb!all/mode/all!all/conn/and!and/order/nosort/page/1

and then there is always this poorman's fence

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/5628  X-7731

Re: Picket Fences

South Park
  Reading the information on file for the Dome Rock photo, I learned that
this was the Southern Pacific Railroad !  Fascinating, as I never knew the
"SP" stood for "Southern Pacific".  Always good to learn something new.
Anyone know when the Southern Pacific operated this line ?  Photo is dated
1920-1960.  Must be closer to 1960.  That looks like JFK's dog "Sprocket".

  On a serious note, that is one helluva lot of picket fence for the C&S. Why ???
The telegraph line has yet to see the 1919 rebuild.  Were the Dome Rock picnic
grounds still a big draw at that time, and the picket fence there to "pretty up" the
facilities ?

Re: What's on Your Bench: 6/2019

tonyk375
Hey Jeff,  Did you ever get your washtub issue taken care of?

Re: Picket Fences

Another view showing the Cannabis  plots there SthP'k
Modellers may note the differing Tie spacing on the Passing Track.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15330coll22/id/31094  MCC-3865