Steam in Como!

Todd Hackett
There were a few minor hiccups, but it was amazing to see a steam locomotive running from the roundhouse to the depot in como, and turning on the turntable. Here are a few photos:

Re: Steam in Como!

Bill Uffelman

Congratulations to all who made this happen!

Bill Uffelman

On August 19, 2017, at 8:56 PM, "Todd Hackett [via C&Sng Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

There were a few minor hiccups, but it was amazing to see a steam locomotive running from the roundhouse to the depot in como, and turning on the turntable. Here are a few photos:

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Steam-in-Como-tp9165.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Steam in Como!

Steve Black
That is so cool and something I didn't would ever happen.  Kudos to all that worked so hard to make this happen.

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Steam in Como!

John Greenly
So wonderful!!!  I wish I could have been there to see it!

thanks for the photos,

John
John Greenly
Lansing, NY

Re: Steam in Como!

Todd Hackett
I still can't figure out how to embed YouTube Videos (the Embed tool doesn't seem to work). You can see it on YouTube.

Re: Steam in Como!

Fatbiker52
What a day for Como! I am going to down load the  video. Congratulations to the whole crew that made this a reality!
Fred
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: Steam in Como!

Fatbiker52
Just have to.ask this, actually my wife and son put me up to this, Did Mr. McKay, or Cartmann, or Kenny show up? After all the cartoon South Park does have a steam train.sorry everyone.
Fred
Stuck in Alabama
While my heart is out west
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: Steam in Como!

South Park
  Can anyone relate or direct me to the backstory on who/how Como
is being rebuilt ?  I have spent my whole life never dreaming anything
like this would ever happen.  Utterly amazing.  Kudos to all.  Wow.

And could someone please go straighten up that telegraph pole ?  If you
need glass or other parts, give me an address and I will send appropriate
materials.

Re: Steam in Como!

Paul R.
Congrats to all who worked on this project, the  video looks good, looks like all enjoyed the day.Paul R.

Re: Steam in Como!

Here Ya go......

for anyone else wanting to do this...
right click on the you-tube screen,
click on embed code, click on the Embed button above the postbox,
click  insert Embed tag Button at bottom of window,
post the code in between the ><

Re: Steam in Como!

We do need the telegraph in the Depot connected to the Roundhouse....

Re: Steam in Como!

Daniel Frauenhoff
Congratulations to all involved! It is wonderful to see the town of Como returning to its status as a railroad town. Sorry to have missed the grand unveiling but I will certainly be out for steam ups in the future. Until then I will be wrapping up the summer season down in Durango.

Daniel

Re: Steam in Como!

Jeff Young
Oh man, do I wish I could have been there!

(Is that a nice fresh weld-bead I see on the bottom of that switch-stand?)

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Steam in Como!

ComoDepot
Jeff, might be.

New addition.

Re: Steam in Como!

South Park
  That turntable looks to run like a fine watch.  Nice work.

Re: Steam in Como!

Tim B
South Park wrote
Can anyone relate or direct me to the backstory on who/how Como
is being rebuilt ?  I have spent my whole life never dreaming anything
like this would ever happen.  Utterly amazing.  Kudos to all.  Wow.

And could someone please go straighten up that telegraph pole ?  If you
need glass or other parts, give me an address and I will send appropriate
materials.
Hi South Park,

Check out the South Park Rail Society Website

This should give you the backstory you are looking for. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Tim Bain
Vice-President
South Park Rail Society

Re: Steam in Como!

South Park
  Thanks, Tim.  Is Dr. Brantigan a hands-on participant ?  Never met
the guy or know much beyond the name.  How did the Como group
come to own No. 4 ?  I am so pleased to know this place is being
pulled back from such a forlorn state.  Simply wonderful.  All involved,
cut yerself an extra slice of raisin pie !

Re: Steam in Como!

ComoDepot
Chuck was up today, he bought No 4.

Re: Steam in Como!

South Park
  "Chuck bought No. 4" ....  how does one go about buying
something like No. 4 ?  I suspect Morse Bros. doesn't keep a
large stock of used steamers in their stock anymore.  I also
suspect it would take a fair heap of green rectangles or "12
Easy Payments" to make one "all yours".  Does he pick up a
wrench or a shovel ?  Clearly this man is a saint, just for giving
financial support to save so much in Como.  I just am not finding
any backstory on a guy I'd like to meet and shake his hand
and thank in person for things I read that he has made possible.
Would like to know more ....

Re: Steam in Como!

ComoDepot
Sounds like personal questions best directed to him.
12