Northwest Shortline

Good news from NWSL. Looks like they have made a deal to keep things going:

http://www.nwsl.com/

Re: Northwest Shortline

Keith Hayes
Yippee!

When operations like this go out of business,  I suddenly have a need for their stuff.

I wonder who the lucky buyer is?

Re: Northwest Shortline

Fred H.
I hope our good C&S pal, Derrell, comes out well in this deal. Fingers crossed.
Fred H. Hutchison
Black Hawk in 1:24

Re: Northwest Shortline

SteveG
Just saw the post from Dave Rygmyr on Facebook:

NorthWest Short Line Press Release
For Immediate Release
NorthWest Short Line is pleased to announce that the entire line has been acquired by an NWSL employee, effective September 3rd, 2019. All existing back orders will be filled, and NWSL will be open to new orders as soon as the new websites are rolled out; the primary website nwsl.com will carry forward as the primary contact point. The line is expected to carry forward largely unchanged although the company will no longer offer phone support. NWSL will be headquartered in Kila, Montana, located near Kalispell, and the new address is PO Box 219, Kila, MT 59920. Email contact is through the website.

Any chance that Derrell _is_ the employee in question?

Re: Northwest Shortline

Robert McFarland
Figuring that Derrell is an employee and he has a vast amount of knowledge, skill, and experience in working on model trains he is the only choice.

Re: Northwest Shortline

Doug Heitkamp
It's not Derrell
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Northwest Shortline

South Park
  Could it be another Darrell ?

Re: Northwest Shortline

Darel Leedy

Re: Northwest Shortline

South Park
  So many Darrells, so little time ....

Re: Northwest Shortline

Darel Leedy
Administrator
And such a variety of us too South Park...

Re: Northwest Shortline

South Park
  Is this what is known as "derailing a thread ?"

Re: Northwest Shortline

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Only if the real Derrell can't be coaxed out of obscurity here.

Re: Northwest Shortline

SteveG
New post on FB from 'Holly' Re NSWL:
https://www.facebook.com/NorthWest-Short-Line-1470545813221465/

Did we ever find out for sure who the new owner is?

Also, someone believes there's another goldmine between Denver and points west:
https://www.amazon.com/Sng-Colorado-Southern-Operations-Country/dp/B003UHR95E

Re: Northwest Shortline

Derrel Hannah for president