Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

Robert McFarland
What was the other Colorado NG railroad that used 2-8-6T Masons.There was a photo in a book I think was called Colorado Mountain Railroads and one in a website called "50 Mason Bogies".Is there any other info or photos?

Re: Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

Ken Martin
That was the Denver, Utah and Pacific which ran from Denver to Lyons.
They were named "Middle Park" and "Denver".
The "Middle Park" went to the Burlington and Western running from Burlington, IA to Washington, IA.

Ken Martin

Re: Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

Thanks,Ken.Does anybody have access to the photo I mentioned?How long did these engines last?

Re: Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

nickgully
Denver Utah & Pacific #10

From Colorado's Mountain Railroads, Volume III

Denver Utah & Pacific #10

Re: Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

Robert McFarland
Notice that the DU&P engines are not twins of the DSP&P engines.I wonder if there are any pictures of the DU&P engines in as built  condition.

Re: Non-DSP&P 2-8-6T Mason Bogies

ComoDepot