Ken Martin's C&S Passenger Car Drawings

Jim Courtney
I just went to the mailbox and found Ken Martin's drawing booklet in today's mail.

I highly recommend it.  Ken has produced HO scale drawings of just about every C&S passenger car that existed after the 1906 renumbering, including all the rare combines, all three classes of flat roofed excursion cars, and all the business cars.

The intro says the drawings were based on a set of C&S folio drawings, as well as photographs.  Each drawing has side and end elevations (two sides if they differed) and photo references listed for that car.

Also included is a complete roster, drawings of individual types of C&S passenger trucks, and brake rigging diagrams.

I count 41 beautiful drawings.  At $25.00, that works out to about 60-cents per drawing. There isn't a better deal out there concerning prototype C&S narrow gauge information.

Jim

Re: Ken Martin's C&S Passenger Car Drawings

Thanks, Jim.

How can we order this set? I've been waiting for this to be ready but have missed a previous announcement about it's completion.

Ken's drawings are excellent and his willingness to share his work on Baggage & Mail #13 a couple of years back was a huge help in construction of my model of the car.

This would definitely be a "must have" for anyone's collection.

Mike

Re: Ken Martin's C&S Passenger Car Drawings

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Mike; instructions for ordering are on the C&Sn3 home page: http://coloradosouthern.blogspot.com/

Re: Ken Martin's C&S Passenger Car Drawings

Rick Steele
It is well worth the money. I refer to my copy frequently.

Rick

Re: Ken Martin's C&S Passenger Car Drawings

Got my copy in the mail today: thanks, Ken!

I need another passenger car like I need a hole in the head. That is why I will add a model of #1 or #2 to my modeling wish list!