Just a Note of Appreciation

South Park
  Youze guys are awesome.

  I've been a NG fan since discovering the subject when I accidentally
stumbled onto the old South Park grade east of Trout Creek pass in
1977.  It took some serious research in those pre-internet days for a guy
in Seattle to figure out what I had seen in that lonely place in Colorado.

  Years later I'd sign on to the NGDF and wearily endure the perpetual
bickering and whining of that crew for the occasional gem of historical
intel or photo, and if I was REALLY lucky, it might, .... just maybe, have
some relevance to the South Park or pre-1920 D&RG (or some other
small road like the Crystal River.

  I just came in from pounding nails all day, poured myself a Wild Turkey
and Coke, and what do I find, but yet another awesome thread with lots
of photos and deeply knowledgeable history !

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Case-of-the-Missing-Truss-Rods-Revisited-td6387.html

  I just want to take a moment to thank you guys for doing what you
do and NOT being the same kind of crew that populates the NGDF !!!
Cut yerself an extra slice of raisin pie, Amigos.  You are awesome !

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

Jim Courtney
Tom,

I recall your views on the weather in the Seattle area.

But I just thought I'd let you know, with yesterday's rain, the Olympic Mountains have snow for the first time since May.

As Ned Stark would say, "Winter is Coming".

Best wishes,

Jim in the NW

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

South Park
  Today I had to fall back and play a lot of catch up from a couple weeks
of disastrous work projects that left my coffers hurting and my shop in
deep need of putting stuff away.

  My priority, relative to your "winter is coming" is that I have no roof on
my shop !!!  I DID get most of the east side joists set and blocked, but
really need to throw some more coal on the fire to get the 3rd floor (attic)
deck finished and weathered in for winter BEFORE the rain/snows come !

  But I hustled my ass off this weekend and am sore and worn out and happy
with the progress (even if it is never "enough"), but to come in after the daylight
fades to visit this site and see all this great stuff ....  well, it just makes me one
happy guy, and I want to think you all for what you do and NOT being the creepy,
nerdy types that populate the NGDF.

  You make my day often.  Thanks.

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

Doug Heitkamp
No problem, happy to be of help!

Kudo's to Darel for starting this site. I feel that it has become THE place on the Interwebs to get good C&S info. There is certainly more going on here (C&S related) than any of the Yahoo groups. It amazes me that so many good photos and ideas are shared and the conversation surrounding them is excellent!

Doug
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

Chris Walker
What's with all this loose talk of Winter coming?

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

Bill Uffelman
In March 1969 I went to Australia on R&R in Sydney and purchased my wife to be a bikini at great savings - took awhile for this Marine to figure out that it was a fall closeut!

Bill Uffelman

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Chris Walker [via C&Sng Discussion Forum]
What's with all this loose talk of Winter just starting?

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Just-a-Note-of-Appreciation-tp6424p6439.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

South Park
  They do EVERYTHING backwards down there.  Even modeling Colorado
railroads instead of their own NG stuff !

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

Chris Walker
S'Park,

I drove trains for the NZR, last thing I wanted to do was model it or see another Four-wheeled wagon when I got home.   That attitude didn't sit too well with the model crowd at our Conventions especially when I was winning in the contest room with US models.

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

We are due snow on Wednesday.

Re: Just a Note of Appreciation

South Park