Central City C&S 71 photo

Southpark
I think I recall seeing a photo of C&S 71 ready to be unloaded at Central City in April of 1941.  Otto Perry has a photo of the passenger car, being unloaded.  Did he latter take a photo of number 71 being unloaded at Central City?  What about the tender? There does not seem to be a listing of this at DPL.
Thanks, Tom

Re: Central City C&S 71 photo

Tom, I can't recall a photo of the train being moved to Central City, but it had to have been trucked up from Blackhawk. Try searching #71 at Blackhawk, 1941. Perry. Maybe something will come up.

Re: Central City C&S 71 photo

nickgully

I found a 1941-ish newspaper article and photo of 71 in the Denver yard.

I have larger scans on my site.

"Colorado & Southern locomotive No. 71 puffed up to Blackhawk and Central City when mining fortunes were being taken from the ground and the maintain camps swarmed with gold seekers."

"The stubby, narrow-gauge locomotive will make its last trip today, but not under its own power. It will be towed up to Central City as a monument of the old days.

"The train will be manned on its last trip by J. W. Caraghar, engineer; Martin Garrity, fireman; T.D. Brown, conductor, and David Duggan, Sam Griffin and Frank Weller, brakemen.

This fell out of a copy of "Narrow Gauge in the Rockies" I acquired. No date on it. But the reverse of this clipping talks about "If the Germans succeed in their campaign against Greece and Yugoslavia..", so early to mid 1941 I think?

-Nick