CP arch bar swing motion "California" style truck

CP arch bar swing motion "California" style truck

Loggerhead
Does anyone have any sketches, drawings, measurements etc. for the CP arch bar swing motion "California" style trucks. These were used under license by the V&T for there combination box and flat cars in the early 1870's

Thanks

Re: CP arch bar swing motion "California" style truck

Richard Farmer
A good place to start looking for something like this might be the archive of the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure they are closed right now but I don’t think it will be to much longer before they are open once again, especially for long distance research.
Richard

Re: CP arch bar swing motion "California" style truck

Dave Eggleston
There have been drawings of the CP ventilated boxcar at the Carson City RR Museum (NSRM). You might check with them also.
Dave Eggleston
Seattle, WA

Richard - thanks for the suggestion. Have tried but, like most things, no ones home. Will have a look when the museum opens

Dave - Thanks for the suggestion. Have been in touch with Wendel at the museum, they are closed and he can't get access to his files at this time.

Re: CP arch bar swing motion "California" style truck

Dave Eggleston
Wendel is a good source--you should get a lot of great detail once the museum can open. Also, Nov/Dec '86 Gazette has a Gary Caviglia plan for the car though I can't vouch for its absolute accuracy. Also, May/June '79 Gazette has a plan for boxcar 1011 by Michael Collins. I believe the Demoro or Ferrell books may also have published plans?
Dave Eggleston
Seattle, WA