C&S Photos on eBay.

12345 ... 14

Re: C&S Photos on eBay.

Jim Courtney
Another eBay photo, just listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Print-Photograph-Colorado-Southern-Railroad-No-73-Como-Colorado-1938-/352126396082?hash=item51fc5e66b2:g:4nIAAOSwGLNZeiTm

A Digerness (Sundance Ltd) photo reproduction from one of the Mineral Belt series of books.

The photo is from the time of scrapping operations, 1938. The photographer is identified as Richard Kindig.

Number 73 in repose in Como. The corner of the Stone Garage is at the right frame.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay.

Keith Hayes
One of my favorites.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay.

Another eBay photo, just listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Era-Colorado-Southern-Locomotive-No-70-Denver-Terminal-Digerness-Photo-/232442600517?hash=item361ea89c45:g:6X4AAOSwXhtZjHxE

A 1936 Gibson photo of C&S 70 being serviced in Denver -- the fireman or hostler seems to be overfilling the tender with water.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay.

Robert McFarland
Seems like I've seen them do  that on the C&TS.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

A new eBay listing of interest:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Southern-Railroad-Train-Wreck-Trout-Creek-W-est-Of-Como-Colorado-1935-/352169858161?hash=item51fef59471:g:E0EAAOSwe2FZw8~c

This image is much clearer than other scanned images, gives a more detailed look at the original CONX 5 underframe.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

ComoDepot
Anybody know the location?

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

Jim Courtney
The back of the photo says "Trout Creek Crossing, west of Como." Date is 1935. Probably refers to the road crossing of the road to Trout Creek Pass, today's Hwy 285.

The Klingers' South Park Gunnison Division Memories . . .  shows another image of the same wreck, locates the wreck site as just east of Red Hill siding, near today's US 285 and Park County road # 7. (page 72).

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

South Park
  Speaking of locations ...  the first photo.  The one of 62 "near St. Elmo" ....
exactly where is that ?  Upgrade train, correct ?  I just can't place the back-
ground features.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Wreck of CONX 5

Jim Courtney wrote
The back of the photo says "Trout Creek Crossing, west of Como." Date is 1935. Probably refers to the road crossing of the road to Trout Creek Pass, today's Hwy 285.

The Klingers' South Park Gunnison Division Memories . . .  shows another image of the same wreck, locates the wreck site as just east of Red Hill siding, near today's US 285 and Park County road # 7. (page 72).
Now I have it, about 1/2 mile past the American Safari Ranch the grade crosses and recrosses Trout Creek and then again a couple of miles further down. Maybe slightly west of Como, mainly south of Como.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- C&S 70 at Waterton Tank

I'm bidding on this beautiful photo listed on eBay, one I've never seen before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-Colorado-Southern-Railroad-Engine-No-70-Waterton-Colorado-Water-Tank-/232528199419?hash=item3623c2befb:g:3KwAAOSwETJZ53Ie

Date on the photo back is "5/11/41". Probably one of the last runs into the lower Platte Canyon, to deliver boxcars to South Platte for flourspar loading.

Photographer not indicated.  John Maxwell??

One of the best views of the Waterton tank that I've ever seen . . .

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Alma Depot and Outfit cars

I'm bidding on two photos now listed on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Southern-Railroad-Alma-Colorado-Railroad-Depot-London-Junction-1940s/352201488751?hash=item5200d8396f:g:lSwAAOSwBjdZ~eRj

Notes on the back state the photos were by Bill Hafey, date not noted.

Lots of details in the small yard at Alma Junction: The disconnected switch to the smelter at the left frame. The outfit car body used as a line side shed. The board-n-batten freight house or warehouse to the right of the depot. The sheds and privies. The two outfit cars spotted on the far spur look to be inherited 27 foot or 30 foot boxcar rebuilds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Southern-London-Junction-Colorado-Original-Print-Mt-Bross-B-Hafrey/232550193072?hash=item36251257b0:g:3QcAAOSwlaRZ~e8l

The second view again includes the outfit cars with substantial wooden steps. The log residence to the right is way cool, with those alternating tapered logs and Victorian windows!!

Does the house on the distant hill, with the verandas, still stand??

Anyone know when these were taken?  This Otto Perry view on DPL is dated 1937, and some of the structures in the above two photos have disappeared:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/43653/rv/singleitem

The truck dump for ore loading in the Perry photo doesn't seem to be present in the top photos, either.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay -- Alma Depot and Outfit cars

Jeff Young
The cool windows are long-gone, but the house still stands (and is in use):

The depot, sadly, is on its way out:

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Jeff Young
And the edge of the coal shed for the pump house, no less!

Jim, in your experience do these eBay proofs usually show the full extent of the photo, or might there be a little bit more off to the right on the real thing?

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Robert McFarland
How come nobody checked out the Como Roundhouse and Water Tank photo?

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

ComoDepot
The one looking down 7th Street?

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Jim Courtney
I purchased this one and posted a cleaned up image on the coal chute thread, page 8:

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/The-C-amp-S-Coal-Chutes-Pine-Como-Dickey-Pitkin-and-almost-Breckenridge-td4269i140.html

Most of the photos that I've purchased are full frame, compared to the "proof" image posted on eBay.

Re: C&S Photos on eBay

Jeff Young
Ahhh, yes, the inimitable "outhouses and Breckenridge goings-on" thread. :)
12345 ... 14