C&Sng 1953 in the Narrow Gauge News

Kurt Maechner
Here is the next batch of C&S related info in Bob Richardson's Narrow Gauge News from the year 1953.

Highlights in this year:
Vandalism on the Palisades
Mac Poor leads a hike to the Alpine Tunnel
Bridge "collapse" on the Baldwin branch
Donation of C&S 75's builder's plate
C&S stock and box cars lost and saved

Enjoy,
Kurt

Re: C&Sng 1953 in the Narrow Gauge News

Kurt Maechner
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the C&S 75 builder's plate that Mac Poor loaned to the CRRM back in '53?

Re: C&Sng 1953 in the Narrow Gauge News

What are the facts behind the story of the "clean-up"at the Paalisades?

Re: C&Sng 1953 in the Narrow Gauge News

Kurt Maechner
I'd like to know the answer to that as well.  The text on my blog post is the entire segment from the Narrow Gauge News.  Bob Richardson likes to use a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor occasionally, as is evidenced in this example, so it's hard to tell what the real deal was.

Re: C&Sng 1953 in the Narrow Gauge News

Todd Hackett
Kurt Maechner wrote
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the C&S 75 builder's plate that Mac Poor loaned to the CRRM back in '53?
I talked to a dealer at a show many years ago (probably late '80s) who said it was in the collection of a very private person in the northwest (Washington or Oregon) who wasn't very approachable and didn't sell plates once he bought them. I don't know who it was or if they are still living.