C&S facebook group

drgwcs
Not to take away from any of the great discussion going on here for those on Facebook I had seen that there was no group there for those that model the C&S. I just started one up today for those that might be interested. It is for both the history and modeling of the C&S as well as the predecessor roads, the Denver South Park and Pacific, the Colorado Central and the Union Pacific Denver and Gulf. Posts are also welcomed on the related Gilpin Tram and on the Georgetown Loop. Please come and join us over there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColoradoandSouthernNarrowGauge/
Jim Curran

Re: C&S facebook group

South Park
F#@! Facebook.  ðŸ‘Ž

Re: C&S facebook group

While I would not be quite as blunt as SouthPark, I'm leaning more towards thinking that the creation of yet another receptacle for the promotion of our favourite narrow gauge Road only dissipates the momentum set here.

I like to think of it like this....

You have a Glass of Water(the DSP&P/UPD&G/DL&G/C&S interest),

You have the thirst(the want to collate the information others have)  for the knowledge,

You splash the water onto a flat table surface(the internet),

The resulting many isolated puddles(the various sites such as IO.Groups/ NGDF/ Yahoogroups/ C&Sn3Blog/ C&Sng Discussion Forum) are so dilute and separated,

You can no longer get a wet lip, let alone quench that thirst.  Consolidation not Splinterisation is the better servant.

And I feel there is nothing worse than seeing the same posting spread across multiple sites pointing the reader yet again to go somewhere-else.

Re: C&S facebook group

There was a whole ton of photos and RR info that was posted on several Como,South Park,DSP&P/C&S,and Colorado History related Facebook pages about a year or two ago.