Brass models other that the usual few ?

South Park
   I was going to add this to the brass models thread, but felt it might be going
a bit sideways for the rather specific topic.  So here's my question ...

  Were models ever made of 58, 68, or 73 in final years detailing ?  Maybe in On3 ?

  What models were made of Condon stack era 2-8-0's ?  Again, in On3 ?

  I don't think I want to model in anything smaller than that.

Re: Brass models other that the usual few ?

Robert Stears
Models of C&S #57, #58, #60, #69, #70, #72, #73 and #74 in On3 have been produced over the years by PSC and OMI as well as a number of different C&S Moguls. By the way, Anybody have an early On3 OMI #5 or #21 they want to part with?

No 65 or 68 have been offered commercially in On3 to the best of my knowledge.

A nice selection of Sn3 C&S consolidations and moguls were offered many years ago by OMI including a #65.

PBl offered C&S 74, 75 and 76 years ago which are superb; at least mine are.

The PSC C-19 brass models of 343, 345 and 346 (without the Ridgeway spark arrestors) pop up occasionally and can be converted to 1930’s leased C&S status with little difficulty. A friend just did this conversion for me.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 29, 2019, at 8:23 PM, South Park [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

   I was going to add this to the brass models thread, but felt it might be going
a bit sideways for the rather specific topic.  So here's my question ...

  Were models ever made of 58, 68, or 73 in final years detailing ?  Maybe in On3 ?

  What models were made of Condon stack era 2-8-0's ?  Again, in On3 ?

  I don't think I want to model in anything smaller than that.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Brass-models-other-that-the-usual-few-tp13972.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Brass models other that the usual few ?

Robert Stears
I forgot to mention.

Bachmann makes an outside frame 2-8-0 that can be re-gauged to On3. Stan and Sheldon at Coronado Scale Models are masters at these types of conversion. If you add three PSC large shay domes (2 sand domes and one steam some), a new stack with Ridgeway spark arrestor from Keith Weismann, put on a Q type “clock” headlight from PSC, build a new tender, put on a PSC butterfly snow plow and toss in some artistic license as well as some suspension of disbelief, you can come up with a CB&Q #537 look-a-like; although the driver spacing is wrong and the boiler a bit to short.

“Burlington Bulletin” #41 covers #537 in great detail and also has a photo of Mike Trent’s wonderful conversion of a D&RGW C-21 to CB&Q #537.

Jan Ron’s has also posted his spectacular Sn3 conversion on this blog. Check out the CB&Q thread on this blog.

Sent from my iPhone

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Brass-models-other-that-the-usual-few-tp13972p13973.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Brass models other that the usual few ?

Hi Bob, just a couple comments..

#74 was actually produced in the late 70's by Sunset. There are many fanciful mistakes, but with work can be the basis of a nice model. To date, it is the only time #74 has been offered in On3.

OMI did produce #74 in Sn3, their first narrow gauge project.

#71 was also produced in On3 by OMI.

It has always been mystifying to me that PSC never produced #65 or #68, because those engines were most common on the Clear Creek Branch and much of the interest among C&S modelers was inspired by Harry Brunk's series. Their #69, just a handful offered alongside #70, was a beautiful model. But so few were produced it is almost pointless.

I hope somehow these engines can somehow be offered in the future, but probably not in brass.

Re: Brass models other that the usual few ?

Robert Stears
Thanks Mike. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone

#74 was actually produced in the late 70's by Sunset. There are many fanciful mistakes, but with work can be the basis of a nice model. To date, it is the only time #74 has been offered in On3.

OMI did produce #74 in Sn3, their first narrow gauge project.

#71 was also produced in On3 by OMI.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Brass-models-other-that-the-usual-few-tp13972p13975.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Brass models other that the usual few ?

Hey SP, here are a few (poor) photos from the "Brass Trains.com" archives, all On3:

Overland C&S 6, c. late 1930s:
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30539/On3-Steam-Overland-Models-0118-Colorado-Southern-2-6-0-6

Overland C&S 22 c.1924 as on Morrison mixed:
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30547/On3-Steam-Overland-Models-0171-Colorado-Southern-2-6-0-22

Overland C&S 71, late 1930's
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30554/On3-Steam-Overland-Models-0112-Colorado-Southern-2-8-0-71

Overland C&S 73, late 1930's (mislabeled as C&S 72)
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30556/On3-Steam-Overland-Models-0113-Colorado-Southern-2-8-0-72

Precision Scale C&S 60, late 1930's:
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30550/On3-Steam-Precision-Scale-Co-PSC-15032-Colorado-Southern-2-8-0-60

PSC got the "kettle" on the cab roof (for storing a fire hose as Leadville switcher) all wrong -- made it square instead of circular, just like Key got it wrong on their HOn3 version

Precision Scale C&S 69, 1930's
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/30552/On3-Steam-Precision-Scale-Co-PSC-15229-Colorado-Southern-2-8-0-69

Precision Scale C&S 70, oil burner:
https://www.brasstrains.com/BrassGuide/Pdg/Detail/42575/On3-Steam-Sunset-Models-Colorado-Southern-2-8-0-C-16

Brass Trains has this one mislabeled as a Sunset import.

The photos on brasstrains.com are much better resolution--just follow the links for 8-10 photos of each model.

These will occasionally show up on the brasstrains.com website or on ebay. Just have to be patient.