old Hancock pic

Matt Hutson
Hi guys,
This was published in the Buena Vista newspaper this week. While it has no specific railroad content, I thought it worth sharing for historical purposes:

The picture is labeled Hancock Bar September 1954.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: old Hancock pic

Kurt Maechner
Is that the building whose 'foundation' is labeled today in Hancock?

Re: old Hancock pic

Matt Hutson
I don't know, but I'm planning a trip up that way this summer once the snow melts. It'll probably be late June this year.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: old Hancock pic

Chris Walker
Matt Hutson wrote
once the snow melts. It'll probably be late June this year.

Cheers,
Matt

A Snowy view for Matt.

Re: old Hancock pic

PrestonSands
Chris Walker, that is a fantastic photo of Hancock, I’ve never seen that one! Is there an online source for this photo, or a way to get a larger file size? I would love to enlarge the photo and see what details I can add to my model of Hancock.
Preston Sands
Tucson, Arizona
-Modeling St Elmo to Palisades in Nn3-

Re: old Hancock pic

Chris Walker
Preston,

that's all she wrote.    My digital copy made by my friend in her antique shop before onselling that item.  I don't have any idea where the original view went.

Re: old Hancock pic

PrestonSands
Ok, thank you Chris! Thank you for sharing this photo, such a great scene. Great close-up of the business district, too. Any idea what the sign on the second-from-left building says?