What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

Dave Eggleston
Thanks so much for the details, Mike, much appreciated.
Dave Eggleston
Seattle, WA

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

Todd Hackett
Mike Trent wrote
...Todd Hackett, still in High School at the time helped out with fantastic Dickey structures...
Not quite... I was in College when I built the Como Depot model, and either late college or more likely the first few years after graduation for the Dickey coal trestle, depot, and engine house.

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

Well, thanks! Either way, fantastic work. And thanks for the correction.

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

pizlinard72
Good Morning
I have been experimenting how to resin print railroad cars. I have been trying different techniques to get good quality as well as operation. The solution is a hybrid method of printed underbody reinforced with brass sheet and profiles. Now I have moved to „production“. They are all flat cars in O scale meter gauge. One version is a pure flat car and one version is with movable sides. Need to print out some more brake rigging and side stakes. Then into the paint shop. One of the challenges I have is that with the exception of wheels, there are no parts available for this scale. I therefore need to do everything by myself. I found someone who could do the artwork for lettering. I even found a printer that can print while on decal paper. So things are finally coming together.
Flat cars
Have a great week
Christian

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

SteveG
Very nice! What printer are you using? I'm guessing something like an Elegoo Saturn, given the size of the underframes in O scale.

Steve Guty
Lakeway, TX

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2024

Thanks for the compliments Guys.
I hear from a good Friend in Denver that this was recently discussed at a Saturday Breakfast, go figure. Kinda tickled me to hear that haha!

Re: What's On Your Workbench 1/2023

pizlinard72
Hi Steve
I use the Anycubic M3 Max. The cars are about 14inches long and need to go in slanted. They are comparable to D&RGW 6500 series flats.
I use brass profiles to strengthen the car. I glue the profiles into the slits and then glue a brassplate on top. This will carry about 6lbs without any deformation.

For smaller parts I have a Anycubic Photon Mono 2. There I print the detail parts.
The great thing is that all the details are already printed on the sides of the car like stake pockets, etc. The brake cylinder and rigging, for example, is one part with all the details.

Best, Christian

Re: What's On Your Workbench 2024

Norm Acker
Waiting for the snow to start got me motivated to get back to working on my (ugh) 8-year long Waterton tank project. The gallows are coming along, finally. :)

Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch
12