Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

nickgully

I thought this was interesting. Being denver in the 30's with dual gauge track, I assume this might have been the destination of cars coming from the feldspar mines on the Silica branch? Could C&S narrow gauge gondolas have ended up here?

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/35428/rec/2

-Nick

Re: Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

Chris Walker
Nick,

took me a while to find this(again).  Notice the 18" minecar in the centre of the DPL image.

excerpt from Colorado School of Mines Report No.73

Re: Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

Jeff Ramsey
I wonder where the mill in Denver would have been?

Re: Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

Southpark
I also am wondering where this mill was.  One of the C&S reasons for doing away with the Silica Branch was to "do way" with trans loading feldspar in Denver but that photo shows a 3rd rail. Tom Klinger

Re: Western Feldspar Milling Co in Denver with dual gauge.

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/93370

Note the string of loaded cars visible in two places: looks like Hi-sider with the twin piles of ore.