Upside Down Earthquake

Jim Courtney
I was just reading about the large earthquake near New Zealand's south island.

Here is hoping that Chris, his family and his goats are all doing OK!

Re: Upside Down Earthquake

Chris Walker
All good here Jim, and thanks.
Really powerful rolling motion, no jolt, rocking or shaking as normal that lasted a good couple of minutes enough to dim and flicker the lights, and make one hang on during.  It woke up all the animals and birds too, but then we had a full moon so they may have been disturbed anyway.  Geonet reported another strong one right afterwards but never felt that.

Re: Upside Down Earthquake

Keith Hayes
So glad to hear you are okay. Best batten down the hatches for a few days.

Re: Upside Down Earthquake

Any damage to the tramway a building?

Re: Upside Down Earthquake

Jeff Young
I was about 8 miles from the epicentre of the Loma Prieta quake in 1989.  It was like being on a boat on high seas.

Glad to hear you’re OK, Chris.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Upside Down Earthquake

Jim Courtney wrote
Any damage to the tramway a building?
Our crews were out checking the track at first light

Nothing to report so far, Jim.