The Twisting Tale of the Georgetown Loop - Part 4

The Twisting Tale of the Georgetown Loop - Part 4

Kurt Maechner
I posted part 1, 2, & 3 of this series that attempts to chronicle the history of the restoration of the C&Sng's Georgetown Loop.

Part 4 may not seem very railroad-ish, but it gives the background of several important individuals without whom the Loop high bridge might never have been reconstructed.  Many of us have long heard of (or have seen signs mentioning) the Boettcher Foundation and their grant to the Loop line, but like most, I had no idea what this foundation was, who Charles Boettcher was, or how hit-and-miss the process to get a donation had been.  Hopefully, this will make it all clear.

Plus, Harry Brunk, the notable painter and modeler of the Clear Creek Line makes an appearance.

As always, if you know more or have corrections, I would love to know.

Enjoy,
Kurt