South Platte depot color 1936

Norm Acker
This post was updated on .
Hi group! I was curious if anyone has photos or documentation regarding the color of this depot in 1936.

Pictures seem to be rare, and it appears to be painted in the light gray with green trim colors in all that I have seen.

I'm having this built in 1/4", and I'd like to get the colors right. And if it did get painted the tuscan with dark green colors, can someone refresh my memory on the currently available acrylic paint colors? Seems like Tamiya Dull Red has been mentioned, although it only seems to be available in spray cans.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Norm
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: South Platte depot color 1936

Norm Acker
Oops, my bad - I just revisited a 2015 thread of mine that discussed color choices. But I'm still curious  about the depot color in '36...
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: South Platte depot color 1936

Chris Walker
My apologies Norm,

I dropped the ball on this one.

Yes, South Platte Depot in Dark colour paint by 1929, there is a shot from the Denver Water Board special that confirms, and Min Belt 2 has the SectionHouse photo as well in dark paint, but not the outhouse.

Re: South Platte depot color 1936

Chris Walker
The DWB photo of 1929 is in South Platte Memories pg54

Re: South Platte depot color 1936

Norm Acker
Thanks Chris! I'll share photos of the depot when it arrives.
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch