Show us your MOW collection

Re: South Park Flangers

Thanks, Chris, for your thoughts and research. As always.

Red appeared on the plow carried by both #641 and #638, and in the rebuilt rotary #99201   in the 50's (?) for safety reasons. By then all of the C&S Cabooses were also Chinese Red. Surviving C&Sng displays painted by C&S Shop volunteers were also done using contemporary standards of the time, which cause a lot of confusion among early C&S modelers. #60 had a red plow and red roof, #71 had a red roof too. Caboose #1006 was painted Chinese Red. The locomotives had Burlington Route heralds and gold numbers. Fortunately, things have settled down in recent decades.

Pat Gibbony’s baby

Don Pacetti
This post was updated on .
Here are some more shots of the Derrick. I’m posting them because I know it’s a popular modeling subject and I’m proud of how she turned out. I scratch built it from styrene strips and siding and brass wire. I think the boiler was a Woodland Scenics model and the chain was from Clover House. Of all of the cars I ever built I like this one the most. I had to study a lot of photos to build this one. Glad I did it when my eyesight was better, I can tell you that. 😆

Re: Show us your MOW collection

Todd A Ferguson
Actually the PBL flangers were made in ‘98 or 2000.  I was visiting PBL when Bill was taking the photos of them that was on the Gazette back cover.  My comment was that it was probably the only time all 10 were ever together.

If I recall Bill told me they made 10 or 12 of each Rio Grande variation and more of the RGS version.  One full set went to the PBL collection and one full set to Sam Furakawa. I boa RGS and one gray Rio Grande version.

They are nice models and there are not a ton of them in existence.

Re: Pat Gibbony’s baby

Stunning result, Don!

Re: Pat Gibbony’s baby

Lee Gustafson
Don,

Your work, models and layout, are works of art, knowledge and skill. The fact that your models are in HOn3 is all the more impressive. I started modeling in HOn3 decades ago and changed to On3 and appreciate the challenges of building and working in HOn3. MOW equipment are truly one of a kind models and C&S models are truly rare. I frequently view your Como roundhouse for the wealth of details to help in detailing mine Como roundhouse. Thank you for sharing your models and work with us. Best wishes.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Pat Gibbony’s baby

Don Pacetti
This post was updated on .
Dear Lee, thanks so very much for the kind words. I sometimes feel guilty for putting up so many posts on my railroad, but when I was building my first layout I used to look at forums like this for ideas and inspiration, so I hope the C&S team here doesn’t mind. Here are a few shots of the area below the big trestle. I’ll be pouring resin for the river as soon as my steam launch arrives and I get her built and placed in the river near the rock formations. I’m also planning to put in rapids and a small wooden dock.

Re: Pat Gibbony’s baby

South Park
  Forget the river !  That looks like a good space to run another track !

Re: Pat Gibbony’s baby

Robert McFarland
I agree with SP.It looks more like a road bed then a river bed.

Re: Cry me a River

Don Pacetti
Lol, you guys are a bad influence. Hey Robert, do you have Bob Schoppe’s phone nr. ? If so would you please send it to me?

Re: Cry me a River

South Park
  That's "Mister Bad Influence" to you !  Just ask Jeff about the culvert advice
I was shoveling out !

Re: Riverbed

Robert McFarland wrote
I agree with SP.It looks more like a road bed then a river bed.

If so, then the grading crew went to a lot of trouble to blast out a nice level flat area for the Bridgegang to build that Trestle alongside.

Re: Riverbed

South Park
  Apparently, the grading crew did not get the memo that the elevation
for the grade needed to be about 50' higher until they had done their
work.  It was then assigned the B&B crew to fill that gap with a trestle.
Now the track crew can get to work laying the lower grade !

Re: Cry me a River

No.

Re: Cry me a River

Robert McFarland
Why not get in touch with the DSP&P Historical Society.They would know.
12