Rails at Como

Jeff Young
Someone posted a picture of the Como Depot during Railroad Day (with Jeff Ramsey holding up the crossing buck), and I noticed that the outside moving rail of the switch was laying nice and flat.  Did that vertical curve really come out of it on its own, or did the rail have to be swapped out for another?

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Rails at Como

Re: Rails at Como

Todd Hackett
Jeff Young wrote
...Did that vertical curve really come out of it on its own, or did the rail have to be swapped out for another?
The bent rail was joined to the next rail. We'll see if it stays straight when the joint bars are removed when we finish the turnout.