PItkin

Ken Martin

Re: PItkin

Southpark
Ken,
Great find.  It sure looks like both were taken at the same time and location with just a slight swing of the camera.
Tom Klinger

Re: PItkin

A similar view, on a different day, judging by the freight cars in the yard (I don't remember where I got this photo):

Then there is this great view of Pitkin from early fall of 1910, on the eve of abandonment of Alpine tunnel:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll21/id/11068

Note the depot in the bottom right corner. DPL doesn't cite the photographer but I believe it is by Dr. Scott, my favorite narrow gauge physician. The first photos may well be his as well.

Don't you wish you could get in the way-back machine and travel back 110 years or so, and take the train to Pitkin? Maybe ride the combine over Alpine Pass to Buena Vista and smell the coal smoke of four locomotives?