Mysteries of Alpine-part 4, Tunnel entrances-sealed or blown up?

Mysteries of Alpine-part 4, Tunnel entrances-sealed or blown up?

Kurt Maechner
A few years back, I wrote a series of articles for The Bogies & the Loop called "Mysteries of Alpine."  I realized that I never put part 4 up as a blog post.  Here it is.

It explores the question of whether or not the portals of Alpine Tunnel were blown up or not in order to seal them.  Those of us who know better will certainly find this silly-talk, but I have been surprised how often I have found this declared as fact throughout the web.

This article explores the notion as well as the truth.

Enjoy,
Kurt