Mother Nabble

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Mother Nabble has spoken. She requires $3.95 per month to keep this forum ad free. I had pre-paid this fee for the previous 7 months.
Now this does not seem like allot of money, but it has required me to skip a day at Starbucks every month
I am asking for suggestions on how we can all contribute some spare change into a bucket to cover this cost. If you have any ideas lets hear them. I figure you'all rather not be inundated with random advertising when you visit the forum.

Re: Mother Nabble

Seth Johnson
Hi Darel--

This forum is about the best thing in my internet world. I've loved the C&S as long as I've known there was such thing as a train, and darned if y'all haven't dragged me out of HOn3 to the precipice of Sn3. Taking the plunge with a first Sn3 engine as soon as some of my HOn3 stuff sells on FeeBay. :-)

I'll be more than happy to pay my share here. If you do PayPal, please send an invoice for the cost of the next six months'-worth of ad-free goodness to my Gmail address and I'll take care of it. This site's far and away better than any of the magazines for which I gladly plunk down money every month.

Thanks to everyone who makes it great.

Seth

Re: Mother Nabble

Doug Heitkamp
Same here Darel, send me an invoice for 6 months and I'll take care of that.
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Mother Nabble

Jim Courtney
Me too, I'll gladly subscribe for 6 months to a year at a time, just let me know.  The site is far superior, for my purposes, than my MR and RMC subscriptions.

One other suggestion, perhaps it's too early, but have you thought any about the idea of starting Roper Publishing.  An incredible amount of information on the C&S and predecessors has already accumulated here, more than enough to publish hardcopy or eBooks on a wide variety of C&S topics.  If the RGS can have a 12 volume encyclopedia, why can't the C&S??  Starting capital might be an issue, but I bet we could all chip in (dollars and time) and collectively get something accomplished.  I mean, Mac Poor didn't publish the grand-daddy of all C&S books, the Rocky Mountain Railroad Club did!

As an example, is it possible for those who know him, to get Hol Wagner to ePublish his first decade C&S opus, perhaps facilitated by this site?  I'd happily invest in that venture just to have access to the material.

Re: Mother Nabble

Mike McKenzie
Put me on the list to contribute a year's worth, this is the best thing around and I'll gladly do my part to keep it ad-free. The information some of you guys pull out of a photo is remarkable. While primarily a D&RGW 3rd division kinda guy, the collective C&S (and other) acumen of this forum's participants has made me broaden my narrow horizons. My C&S (and related) literature collection is catching up to my Grande material...

How do we make it happen?

Mike McKenzie

Re: Mother Nabble

Darel Leedy
    Gee whiz guys. Thanks for all of the kind words and support both here and via email. One of you smart fellas even figured out my Paypal and already made a deposit which covers us for the next 10 months.
    My intent was not nor ever will be to ask for a subscription (thank you Mother Nabble for keeping the basic application free of charge). To keep the pop-ups away, I was thinking more along the lines of everyone taking turns to sponsor a month at a time (all of your offers to cover multiple months are very generous!).
    So…. since we are now good for the next 10 months, I will revisit those of you who offered support when the time comes.
Roper Publishing has a nice ring to it Jim. Sounds like allot of work though. I do keep the archive backed up on a regular basis. Let’s hope I never have to try and restore it.
   And welcome Seth. Its always good to see new faces around here. I know there are many more lurkers out there who we have yet to meet.
PS: Anybody that knows me, knows that I really wouldn’t have missed a day at Starbucks

Re: Mother Nabble

Lee Gustafson
Darel,

I'll donate $20 to support the blog. I agree this is the best thing going for C&S information and knowledge. Thanks for making this possible.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Mother Nabble

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Thank you for the offer Lee, but we are now good until next June. After which we will implement an adopt a month program to share the cost. The smart fellow who picked up the tab for the next 10 months will be exempt.

Here are the available months for 2016. Unless it changes by then, the cost is $3.95 per month. You may only sign up to sponsor one month. Feel free to pick your favorite.

June 2016 -
July 2016 -
August 2016 -
September 2016 -
October 2016 -
November 2016 -
December 2016 -

As a reminder, this expense is to prevent POP-UP advertising from spoiling your enjoyment of the Discussion Forum.
If anyone still wants to buy me a Starbucks, I'm always open to that

Re: Mother Nabble

Bill Uffelman

I will take July 2016 in honor of my 69th birthday.

Send you Paypal correct?

Bill Uffelman Ocean View DE

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Darel Leedy [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date:Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Subject:Re: Mother Nabble

Thank you for the offer Lee, but we are now good until next June. After which we will implement an adopt a month program to share the cost. The smart fellow who picked up the tab for the next 10 months will be exempt.

Here are the available months for 2016. Unless it changes by then, the cost is $3.95 per month. You may only sign up for one month. Feel free to pick your favorite.

June 2016 -
July 2016 -
August 2016 -
September 2016 -
October 2016 -
November 2016 -
December 2016 -

As a reminder, this expense is to prevent POP-UP advertising from spoiling your enjoyment of the Discussion Forum.
If anyone still wants to buy me a Starbucks, I'm always open to that

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Mother-Nabble-tp2894p2918.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Mother Nabble

Jeff Young
I’ll take September.

Re: Mother Nabble

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mother Nabble

Mike McKenzie
The wife's birthday is in June, so I'll take June...

Mike

Re: Mother Nabble

I'll take November, 2016.  A reminder would be helpful for the memory impaired.

Re: Mother Nabble

I'll take June, Darel.

Re: Mother Nabble

Randy Rieck

Hi Darel,

I'll take October 2016.  To whom do we make out the check and where do we send it?

Cheers,
Randy

Re: Mother Nabble

Lee Gustafson
I sent Doug Heitkamp $20 to give to you. Please put that down for November and December 2016 and the rest to Starbucks.

Lee Gustafson

Re: Mother Nabble

Darel Leedy
I appreciate that you all are willing to help out. But I really don't need or want to take everyone's money upfront. Remember, you are adopting a month which you will sponsor each and every year beginning next June. We are currently paid up through May 2016 (thanks to John the sneaky devil).
Please, payment will not be necessary until that month with which you sponsor. The current price for an adopted month per year is $3.95 (this could change on us!). Payment may be in any form you wish (Paypal, Starbucks etc..).
We still have 5 months available for adoption:

June 2016 - Mike McKenzie
July 2016 - Bill Uffelman
August 2016 - Mike Trent
September 2016 - Jeff Young
October 2016 - Randy Rieck
November 2016 - Jim Courtney
December 2016 - Lee Gustafson

January 2017 -
February 2017 -
March 2017 -
April 2017 -
May 2017 -

Now, this almost takes us up to the 2017 NNGC in Denver, where maybe we could plan a family reunion of sorts?

Re: Mother Nabble

Rick Steele
Darel,

I don't have a PayPal account, so let me know how I can pay for 2017.

Rick

Re: Mother Nabble

Robert Stears
I'll put $20 towards the cause via PayPal.
12