More progress in Como

Re: More progress in Como

ComoDepot
As of yesterday they are now talking end of the month.

Re: More progress in Como

Todd, whats with the standard gauge C&S double sheathed boxcar body (lettered C&S 13121) to the east of the roundhouse lead? Between the depot and the two old narrow gauge outfit car bodies.

It wasn't there the last time I visited Como.

Re: More progress in Como

Fatbiker52
@comodepot:

That is really exciting news! Steam will once again be live in Como. We are planning to spend the week before the convention exploring the DSP&P/C&S remains. My wife and I are really excited to return out there.
Fred & Sue Cotterell
Still in limbo in Alabama
Superintendent
C&S Kebler pass Subdivision
The Kebler Pass Route

Re: More progress in Como

Todd Hackett
Jim Courtney wrote
...whats with the standard gauge C&S double sheathed boxcar body (lettered C&S 13121) to the east of the roundhouse lead?...
Jason Midyette brought that up last week and placed it where a narrow gauge body had been to use as a tool shed. It was previously in Boulder.

Re: More progress in Como

Chris Walker
Todd,
What I'd like to know just what is the reasoning behind this move?

Re: More progress in Como

Robert McFarland
Mention was made previously that the car represented a failed experiment to mount NG trucks on similar SG boxcars that ended up in a wreck that put 2 of them in the Platte River.Pictures of the wreck can be found in the Pictorial Suppliment chapter on Wrecks.Recently  B&L had an article on  a SG MOW car that was brought to Como in the later times for use as a shed

Re: More progress in Como

ComoDepot
They need storage and had the box car that needed a home. This is a South Park Rail thing.

Re: More progress in Como

ComoDepot

Work today
12