Mogul tender extensions

Oldbear52
I have a question about the boards that were used to increase the coal loads on the C&S Moguls. I would like to know how high they were and how many boards were employed to build them. Some pictures of #22 would help. I am taking a Bachmann Mogul and adding details.

Thanks for your help.
Fred

Re: Mogul tender extensions

Chris Walker
Ah the old #22....
http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-amp-S-22-td1598.html
answers above and beyond the imaginable.

Re: Mogul tender extensions

Oldbear52
Chris:  read the whole thread and poured over those  pictures. And got a real felling as to how to try to turn two Bachmann Moguls into something resembling 21&22. Here's a tricky query, where can I get Correct decals or dry transfer sheets to do the engine and passenger equiptment we have.  As ever: keep the greasy Side down and the cinder side up.
As always be happy

Re: Mogul tender extensions

Jim Courtney
Old Bear,

Contact Doug Junda at The Leadville Shops.  They have a large line of 1:48 C&S decals from artwork by Dr. Robert Stears:

http://www.theleadvilleshops.com/148-decals

Page 7 and 8 illustrates decal sets for C&S locomotives of any era and passenger car lettering sets as well, both early and late.

And ask Doug when these decal sets will be available in S (1:64) scale!