Modeling Alpine station

Don Gustavson II
I have an odd part of the layout (No surprise there). Kind of a split level thing.
There is a walkway that does not leave much room for the layout. But we still have to get the train past it. The train will parallel the walkway.
Both a lower return route and the upper route.

The train will go over the Palisades. There is a lower dual gauge track bellow it. down the cliff side. As the upper narrow gauge goes into Alpine station the layout will split into two levels. This way it is easier to get across the walkway area.

If I keep the upper deck of the layout narrow, it will not over shadow the lower part to much (I Hope).
This upper level gives me a little room to try and do the front side of the Bunkhouse (maybe 2 inches deep) and part of the Telegraph building. I hope to get a siding here also. It all depends on how wide I make the upper level.

This picture was us trying to get a feel for how we might be able to do this.
The lower level is Buena Vista. But in name only.

The white string represents the grade on its way to the Alpine Tunnel. Past the Tunnel will be Romley , St Elmo..
Again, reusing bits of the old layout on the lower section.

This picture is looking the opposite way. We were laying out sections of hand laid track from the old layout to see if we could make them work for the Palisades area.

It all looks great in my head.
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: Modeling Alpine station

Don Gustavson II
So its been only 1 year and 7 months since I have done anything with this area of the layout. Not to bad.
Got all the needed bench work / road base in place and secured. Now we are able to start laying down some track.

I will be able to get a short siding up at Alpine station.
And as I thought, there will be just enough room to build the fronts of some of the buildings. Boarding house, ect.
I will have room for the Split Rock, and some rock retaining wall.

In this pictures I have laid out some track just to see how it will all fit. Some of the roadbed is repurposed hand laid stuff.

The layout / scenery to the left of the vertical red line will all be contiguous between the upper narrow gauge and the lower dual gauge.
At the red line the cliff face will fade into the wall. And to the right of the red line, the upper and lower tracks will be separate shelves.

I know that Kenosha Pass is not in the right place in relation to all of this.. But oh well.

I am real excited to finally have this put together. It is the last bit of "road base" that needed to be built for the narrow gauge.

Thanks Scott for the help on this.