Merry Christmas

Gerard
First of all A Very Merry Christmas to you all.

I have a question where is the closet sawmill that was served by the C&S?

And is there and plans or drawing of them?

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Re: Merry Christmas

Paul R.
I will second that, I hope You all have had a  MERRY Christmas and will have an enjoyable new year, and lots more goodies about our favorite Railroad. From hot and sunny Victoria Aus. Paul R.

Re: Merry Christmas

Chris Walker
I'm not certain just what a "closet" sawmill is,  "vest pocket" to describe something small maybe?
Not all at the same time nor specifically C&S ownership sawmills were mentioned at Morrison, Buffalo, Webster, Jefferson, Divide, Nathrop, Hancock aka sawmill curve, Pitkin, Keystone. I'm sure there are other places mentioned in other books.

I doubt you will find a quintessential Sawmill served by a spur or siding(of the Model Railroad variety) anywhere along our favourite line(s) as most were scattered off line, or adjacent to the railroad for easy loading on team tracks/public sidings.  Most seems to be rough sawn if that but usually Mine timbers, Stulls and Crossties.  Beaver Brook on Clear Creek, had a proper loading spur for cut Boards but these were trans-shipped from horse drawn wagons.

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Webster-Tank-1936-tp6843p6872.html
http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Dome-Rock-Switchstand-tp5866p5977.html
http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/One-For-The-Buffalo-Hunters-tp1605.html

Re: Merry Christmas

South Park
  What was shipped at Braddocks, on the High Line above Breckenridge ?
Was it just props ?

Re: Merry Christmas

Chris Walker
I only recall Props(or Ties) in Coalcars entrained in Siding at Braddocks(Min Belt II), which picture are you thinking of, SthP'k?

Re: Merry Christmas

South Park
  I do not recall exact pix.  I do remember an over-track crane/rack for
recall the material was sawn, but I could be remembering it wrong (?).
Did Klingers have a good pic in the High Line book ???

Re: Merry Christmas

Chris Walker wrote
 ... Jeff will chime in with his Jefferson research I hope.
The Jefferson sawmill was located some ways outside of town.  Some of the workers lived on site, and there's a picture of their houses, but I don't know of any pictures of the sawmill itself.

There are also some nice pictures of the Almgren family who ran it.

(All pictures from Park County Archives.)

They evidently lost a horse at some point:

but that's about all I was able to discover about the operation.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: Merry Christmas

SteveG
Chris Walker wrote
I'm not certain just what a "closet" sawmill is,  "vest pocket" to describe something small maybe?
Pretty sure what was meant was the 'closest', not the 'closet' sawmill.
Spell checkers can only do so much....

Steve G.
Lakeway, TX

Re: Merry Christmas

An article in Bogies& Loop mentions that there was one at Platte River.

Re: Merry Christmas

Gerard
Thanks for your help.

I'm looking for Sawmills and Stamp mills that the C&S would have served or been around.

I have some F-Scale machines I would like to build and make them part of a C&S diorama.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Re: Merry Christmas

Oh,  "closest".    Where's a Redface smiley when I need it?

Never thought that, thanks Steve.