Location quiz 1/27/2020 - Pine Grove

Todd Hackett
This post was updated on .
I had trouble locating this until I found a clue in another photo that came in the same lot (which also included a SG logging loco in Florida). Any guesses to the location:

Re: Location quiz 1/27/2020

Chris Walker
Pine Grove: so easy, no need to guess.

Re: Pine Grove

Todd Hackett
I didn't find it so easy. I didn't recognize the Hudson name at first. Fortunately, the same eBay lot included a couple of photos of the depot in Buffalo, with this sign:

The coaling dock visible above the baggage car made it clear that this wasn't Buffalo, so it had to be Pine Grove.

Full depot photo:

The set came with two nearly identical prints of this photo. One was gray scale with slightly better detail in the highlights, the other had a sepia tone. Does anyone want the sepia print?

Another great photo from the same lot:

Re: Location quiz 1/27/2020 - Pine Grove

Fantastic photos, Todd!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Re: Pine Grove

Is that a section house in the background of the Buffalo station photo?Also check out the rail  braces.

Re: Pine Grove

South Park
Yes, that is the section house.  It is still standing and occupied.

Re: Pine Grove

What about the odd shaped barrels that look like beer containers?

Re: Pine Grove

Keith Hayes
Those barrels, sir, contain rodeo clowns.

Re: Pine Grove

Do you have a recent photo of it?

Re: Section House at Buffalo.

Chris Walker
 17732 Co Rd 96
Pine, Colorado

Re: Pine Grove

Todd Hackett
Robert McFarland wrote
Do you have a recent photo of it?
You can see the remaining structures in Buffalo on Google Street View