Lightning rods

Jeff Young
Over on the Rio Grande, Marshall Pass is absolutely studded with lightning rods (even the brick privy to the left):

So I was wondering about various locations on the C&S.

It would appear that in the first 10 years after abandonment both chimneys on the Jefferson depot were struck, so I'm going to guess it had no protection:

The Kokomo depot had a telegraph pole right next to it (probably from the old downtown spur), which would have provided some protection.  I can't see any protection on the building itself, but all the pictures I can find are pretty poor resolution.

This might be a lightning rod on the boarding house at Alpine Tunnel, but it's not very clear:

Anyone know more?

Cheers,
Jeff.