Leadville Turntable

Re: Leadville Turntable

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Can't wait to use it during the next op session!

Re: Leadville Turntable

Chris Walker
Ha, You wouldn't believe it but there is now a Sellers in my "backyard", about 15 minutes drive away no less, and no, it wasn't there in my day.  Only just found out about it!

http://www.steamrail.org.nz/depot/turntable/turntable.html

Interesting picture showing the Bearing setup in there.

Re: Leadville Turntable

Turntable and roundhouse progress.

Re: Leadville Turntable

Todd A Ferguson
Keith,

Very nice job on the turntable. I modified a Walthers 90' HO to make a 65' Sn3 about 15 years ago. When you could buy the Walthers for about $35. Their mechanism design was junk so I also used a NYRS system. Rebuilt the whole center shaft for better fit and to use bearings. Also added my own pickup system. It works good but was a good deal of fussing. I have two Diamond turntables on the shelf now that I purchased used at a decent price. They are nice tables for sure. Need a proper 50' turntable in S for sure. I have a Model Masterpieces HO 50' kit I might copy. Might be a good 3D printing project.

I believe that RailMaster made or makes a Sellers type turntable. I think it is cast metal.
Here is a photo....

http://railmasterhobbies.com/images%20Sn3/Sellars%20TT.jpg

Not sure I'm crazy about the forced perspective idea. Will be interesting to see how it goes...

Best,
Todd Ferguson
Harrisburg, NC

Re: Leadville Turntable

Keith Hayes
Progress--a test fit.

The foam landforms are almost complete,  as is the roundhouse foundation.

Todd, you can see the Tiffany refer in the background. I need to elevate it a bit to optimize the effect. Still, it may be too small.

I painted the refer with my camo primer,  and applied pan pastels for the color. I am pleased with the results and it took less than 10 minutes.

Re: Leadville Turntable

Todd A Ferguson
Keith,

Nice work!  It's coming right along!

I was thinking maybe the boxcar she'd done in 1/72 scale with a couple 1/72 scale figures or even a vehicle might
be about the right look in this place.

Best,

Todd Ferguson
Harrisburg, NC

Sent from my Wacked and Cracked iPad III, OUCH!!!

On Nov 28, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Keith Hayes [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Progress--a test fit.

The foam landforms are almost complete,  as is the roundhouse foundation.

Todd, you can see the Tiffany refer in the background. I need to elevate it a bit to optimize the effect. Still, it may be too small.

I painted the refer with my camo primer,  and applied pan pastels for the color. I am pleased with the results and it took less than 10 minutes.

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Leadville-Turntable-tp3691p4070.html
To unsubscribe from Leadville Turntable, click here.
NAML

Re: Leadville Turntable

Keith Hayes
Ready for track and wire!

Re: Leadville Turntable

Chris Walker
Keith, which version of the Roundhouse are you modelling?

Re: Leadville Turntable

Keith Hayes
Why, the narrow gauge version,  of course.

Re: Leadville Turntable

The Round one?

Re: Leadville Turntable

Robert McFarland
Do you suppose there might be any early pictures of Leadville that include the joint D&RG/DSP&P RH before it burned down?

Re: Leadville Turntable

Building construction has commenced.

I got notice today that the windows shipped from Shapeways. Still thinking about how to fabricate the doors. Further construction I'd at a halt until I get another order of novelty siding.

Stall track installation continues at a slow pace.

Re: Leadville Turntable

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Leadville Turntable

Keith Hayes
I guess so, John. I made the post with my phone, and learned a while back Nabble and my phone don't seem to like portrait format. Now this. I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps you can use a mirror? Or...wait for the next installment.

Re: Leadville Turntable

Keith Hayes
Windows showed up yesterday.

I created these full size and scaled them down.  The resolution is quite good. The real thing is a giant double hung variant.

Re: Leadville Roundhouse Progress

Re: Leadville Roundhouse Progress

Re: Leadville Roundhouse Progress

Jeff Young
He he… yeah, I’ve used my FastTracks “blocks” as weights 50 times for every frog or point I’ve made with them. ;)

Re: Leadville Turntable

Jeff Ramsey
I wonder if the turntable girders or bridge that is currently near the Powder House on the Georgetown Loop Railroad is the second C&S Leadville turntable? I didn't count all the rivets but a lot of them seem to match.

Re: Leadville Roundhouse Progress

The sheet styrene novelty siding order came: time to start working on the roundhouse !