Idaho Springs Conoco

drgwcs
I guess I'm not getting my search right but I remember a photo in the group of the second Conoco facility in Idaho Springs. (Not the one with the tank down the gully) This would have been down Chicago Creek. Any thoughts as to what thread? The "Love me Tender" one had one off the edge on the photo but I could swear I saw a better one?
Jim
Jim Curran

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco

Chris Walker
I'm not certain as to what you are thinking of, Jim.

I wrote about my discoveries on this back in the C&Sn3Blog, in two parts.
https://coloradosouthern.blogspot.com/2015/09/harry-brunks-30-year-old-mystery_11.html
https://coloradosouthern.blogspot.com/2015/09/harry-brunks-30-year-old-mystery-more.html

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco

drgwcs
Thanks Cris
I was thinking that there was one that had buildings noted. I was not finding it as I was searching in the forum, not the blog. This was the post I was thinking of.
Jim
Jim Curran

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco

Chris Walker
Jim,

there also was this Update to Doug Heitkamps thread;  I wrote about it here

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.254.s1.nabble.com/Another-Where-Is-This-Picture-tp1216p18344.html

The Sanborn Postcard maybe better viewed if opened in another window, otherwise scroll sideways to view the CONOCO Dealer location.

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco

drgwcs
I did find that thread- my eyes must have been tired last night as I started at those two pics for a while and didn't see the tanks. This morning I can see them  I'll blame the trifocals.....and a long day.
Jim
Jim Curran

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco - Archives in the Blog

Thanks, Chris, for the reminder to the group about the amazing archives that can be found in the companion Blog. With Darel's help I was recently able to locate a photo and article he posted years ago about the ancient bunkhouse at Dickey.

Please poke around in there, to anyone looking for specific information on something. You can link to it from the header on this forum. If you have problems, please let us know.

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco - Archives in the Blog

Darel Leedy
Thanks Chris, Mike and Jim for the reminder to everyone that the blog also has a lot of good information that has been provided by many knowledgeable folks (and is still available to anyone who'd like to contribute). As the blog is on a Google platform, the good news is that it will always be there. This discussion forum however... well that's a different story.

Re: Idaho Springs Conoco - Archives in the Blog

We'll see about that for sure. We'll find a way.