Going Fishing.

Re: Going Fishing.

Jim Courtney
What beautiful images, Chris!

Interesting switch stand, for 1885, in the second image.

Re: Going Fishing.

Doug Heitkamp
Chris,

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Great stuff! In addition to the DSP&P Combine in the lower picture, it's nice to see pictures of cars from my other favorite railroad - Santa Fe
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Going Fishing.

Ken Martin
Thank you for the two photos. The second one shows details not on the first.
It is interesting to see the "mud flaps" on the end railing similar to the waycars.

Ken Martin

Re: Going Fishing.

Jim Courtney
Ken,

Do you think that Mason 44 and the combine are one of the daily Morrison trains, or is this some sort of special outing?

Re: Going Fishing.

Chris Walker
Jim,

I was under some impression this was the(maybe inugural trip) Fishtrain. I'd expect a few more cars for a Morrison train service.
A Combine to handle the catch and accomodate the patronage, and note the "dress" seems to be for an outing in the wilds opposed to fashionable for an outing to town.

Whatever the occasion was that presented, Charter or Scheduled service, that has to be the neatest ever.

Some More DUD.

Re: Going Fishing.

Southpark
The first 2 images look to be afternoon photos based on the lighting and shadows.  I would think a "fish train"  up the Platte would be a morning train.  But what about a returned "fish train" that had been turned?  What ever great images.  There must have been a dozen folks fishing the Platte west of Bailey on  this past Wednesday .
Tom Klinger

Re: Going Fishing.

For a time there was a group of carbon arc lights mounted on the station  tower.They were part of a pioneering experiment that didn't last long that included  Searchlight towers in various parts of town. One of these was near some of the DSP&P shops and track. There are several photos from the DPL that show carbon light towers-some on the station tower.

Re: Going Fishing.

BTW the Union Station was electrified some time in the Eighties