Gilpin Tram

Robert McFarland
Check out the Colorado Gilpin Tram Live Steamers Facebook page.Lots of recently taken grade photographs,but few RR pictures.

Re: Gilpin Tram

Keith Pashina
Here are three more sources of Gilpin Tram information:

1.  Mark Baldwin's website "Gilpin Tram.com" is well worth a visit. The site has not been updated since 2008, but there a lot of historical photos, maps, etc. there.

2.  The Freerails Forum has an ongoing thread on the Gilpin Tram at this link. The thread "Modeling the Gilpin Tram" is under the main topic heading "Narrow Gauge".

3. The Facebook Page "You Know You're From Gilpin County" also has periodic historic information posted and photos.

Keith
Keith Pashina
Narrow-minded in Minneapolis

Re: Gilpin Tram

Chris Walker
And I'll just hop in here and give Keith a Hearty Big Welcome !  Glad you've come over here and hope you make your presence felt.

Re: Gilpin Tram

Jim Courtney
I second the welcome as well.

Thanks, Keith, for the link to the Gilpin Modeling thread, it is fantastic!

And thanks for starting this thread, Robert.  This might well be a good place to post any and all things Gilpin--after all, it was a C&S subsidiary for much of its life.

Re: C&S Gilpin Tram Folio Drawings of 1908

Last year, I posted copies of the C&S Folio No. 27 drawings for freight cars, caboose and MOW equipment (see "Files" section).

Keith's link to the thread describing his adventures in modeling the Gilpin in HOn3 got me to thinking that I had folio drawings for Gilpin equipment squirreled away somewhere.  Sure enough, I found them in the back of my filing cabinet.

Actually, they are a set of equipment drawings by John Maxwell, which were traced / re-drawn from an earlier C&S Folio set, No. 23, of January, 1908.  By that time, the Gilpin was a subsidiary of the C&S, so I guess folio drawings for its 2 foot gauge equipment were included in the C&S records. I purchased these drawings from John Maxwell back in 1972--I have no idea if they are still available from his estate.

Anyway, the drawings are posted below, for anyone who might have need of them.

Jim

Re: C&S Gilpin Tram Folio Drawings of 1908

Ken Martin
The C&S Gilpin Tram Folio book is posted online at:

http://www.gilpintram.com/folio%2023.html

Ken Martin

Re: C&S Gilpin Tram Folio Drawings of 1908

Jim Courtney
Thanks for the link, Ken.

The original Gilpin folio sheets are much cleaner than the Maxwell reproductions.

Re: Gilpin Tram

Maybe Darel can post some pictures an info about his old Gilpin layout.

Re: Gilpin Tram

Chris Walker
Robert McFarland wrote
Maybe Darel can post some pictures an info about his old Gilpin layout.
I saw that !

Re: Gilpin Tram

Friscomike
Howdy folks,

Is blazeksplan.com the best source for Gilpin Tram engine house plans?

Happy rails,
Mike Corley

Re: Gilpin Tram

CBryars2
Mike is an excellent resource.  I have several of his workbooks and many plans, all are well done.

Cameron
http://dgccrr.blogspot.com/
Facebook - Denver, Golden & Clear Creek Railroad

Re: Gilpin Tram

Chris Walker
Keith Pashina drew a set of Plans of the Enginehouse and these were in the Sept/Oct 1999 issue of the NG&SL Gazette.

Re: Gilpin Tram

Friscomike
Thanks folks.  ~mike c

Re: Gilpin Tram

Darel Leedy
Hi Robert,

Really, about all of the photos that I know of are posted here: http://coloradosouthern.blogspot.com/2013/11/more-memories_23.html

Many of the photos and much of information was lost when the old website was taken down. It existed on the web for about 12 years!

Re: Gilpin Tram

Darel Leedy
I think the layout came down the minute Chris left the house  Lol!

Re: Gilpin Tram

I remember getting on the old site-the photos in the blog post were approximately the same.What Shays did you use to model the Gilpin engines and what modifications did you make to them?

Re: Gilpin Tram

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Here ya go Robert:

https://sn2trains.com/2013/09/25/gdt-4-a-shay/

Been a long time. I'm glad David kept record of it!

Darel
https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/DarelLeedy